LegacyGT.com

1st syncro. new car

ninjaturtlesM35x

so i have had my 2009 legacy gt for about 6 months. this is not a new problem. i just never thought it was a problem untill now. the car has always been like this.

without double shifting, i cant shift into first unless i am stopped. mabe 2 miles an hour. usually the car has to be totally stopped. if its still rolling i have to double clutch.

is this normal? i thought all subaru's were like this. atleast early rex's were

It actually says that in the owners manual, that shifting into 1st gear should only be done at a stop.

Still, if you can't shift into first from a roll by double clutching, you are doing something wrong.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 4 weeks later...
I honestly always thought it was a byproduct of the symmetrical AWD system. I do know that a better-than-stock transmission lubricant reduces the resistance to downshifting into 2nd and 1st gear. I can get into 1st at probably 6-8mph now :)

I put 175,000 miles on a 92 Subaru Legacy Turbo, 2 clutches, always had to be at a complete stop to get into first from day one until I bought the 06 LGT. I don't see why you're trying to get back into first while you're still rolling. You've got tons of tourque to let 2nd ride!

Archived