LegacyGT.com

Colorado Best Roads?

OptimumLGT

So I'm working on a project and I wanted some of your opinions. Best drivers roads in Colorado. I think Deer Creek Canyon is on there, the Peak to Peak highway, Flagstaff, and Lookout mountains. But what do you think are the best roads? If it was just you and a 458 where would you go? Or whatever, I liked that road we drove last summer for the meet. Thanks guys!

Cheyenne Canyon in Colorado Springs- Can be busy during the day, but no one goes up at night. Short, but lots of very tight corners.

Cottonwood Pass starting in Buena Vista- The east side of the pass is paved, with very high speed sweepers along with tight corners. Above tree line, so you can use the whole road. The west side of the pass is dirt, which I used to love in the LGT, but obviously no good for a Ferrari.

Loveland Pass- Tight turns with a big drop-off in places, making for a serious adrenaline rush if you're pushing it.

Golden Gate Canyon Rd- Very twisty and fun, but lots of bikers during the day.

Fall River Road on the way to St. Mary's Glacier- I always feel a little bad doing "spirited" driving on this road because the houses are close to the road, but it's a blast. There are a couple 150 degree hairpins that are so steep it's best to take them in 1st gear. Plus, it's a short hike to the glacier from the top.

Archived