LegacyGT.com

yayyy! look what i found today!

anddd end sarcasm. i crawled under my car to change trans fluid and look at the mess i found. whats the best way to get the seal to sit back in place? when i push down on it, it doesnt want to stay down it rises back up. it moved up and out of place so ive been slinging gunk all over the place. or should i just get it looked at?

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/crf150yo/2012-05-03_12-56-56_148.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/crf150yo/2012-05-03_12-57-30_771.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/crf150yo/2012-05-03_12-57-39_171.jpg

Can't see the photo here at work. But I like your location...I was thinking about the banning driving into work...

He's missed.

My rack on my 05 is leaking also, but it appears to be from where the colume enters the rack. I'm toying with replacing the rack my self, but it may be safer/easier to pay the man...will need an alignment anyways.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^thanks at least im not alone :lol: .

i havent noticed any ill effects since ive found this problem...the car may seem a little harder to steer, but then again maybe thats just me telling myself that because i know the problem exists.

can you see the sludge that leaked out in my pics? is that what yours looks like? its heavy/sticky enough not to drip to the ground...and its greyish green like a clay color almost. i inspected my cv boot, and im almost 99% positive that its this area thats leaking, but the product coming out and flinging everywhere is the same as what i think would be in the cv boot

you noticed if it was your cv boot.. It looks like the seal you posted above. try taking a open end wrench above the seal and hitting it with a rubber mallet but be careful. AS sometimes are hand strength is not enough.

The 1st pic looks like the CV boot is torn. The green/black grease is your CV joint grease, this is telling me you have a torn boot. Check the boot again.
My wife's balls are delicious.

The 1st pic looks like the CV boot is torn. The green/black grease is your CV joint grease, this is telling me you have a torn boot. Check the boot again.

I agree.

It is still ugly.

So you're saying the grease is falling onto the CV boot and then it is being flung about and that the smear of grease we are seeing by the large diameter clamp on the boot does not have a split under it?
It is still ugly.

actually yes thats exactly what im saying. sequence of events:

1. "WTF is this shit? throw me a rag"

2. *wipe off things for 10 seconds*

3. shit i should take a picture

thats why there is still a good mess of stuff on there. the steering rack leaked, drizzled stuff down onto the cv boot, which in turn slung it all around under the car. and to add to that hypothesis, i remember hearing like a swish swash sound the other day, but i just thought it was my mudflaps.

turns out it was the cv boot. there was a slight crack that could only be seen when it heated up and stretched apart. then it got thrown under the seal making it look like it was seeping from that area. ordered and installed a whole drivers side axle. problemo is gone-o

I agree.

It is still ugly.

Archived