LegacyGT.com

So do the Low Beams just naturally suck??

Fastball

I have a new-to-me '08 and have noticed the low beams don't cut it. High beams are great!!

Problem with the bulbs or just adjustment?

Does adjusting the beam change BOTH high and low or is there an adjustment for each? Like I said, the high beams seem perfect.

Thanks in advance!

HID's are ideal but if you dont feel like upgrading, you should consider getting the Osram H7's bulbs.

Theyre def brighter than stock bulbs and theyre more reliable than the crazy bright bulbs. Its a popular pick for alot of people on here.

This is true. Personally, I love my 65w Osram Rallye bulbs. They're not as bright as HIDs but they're bright enough to see the sides of the road, and most importantly, in front of you. I've heard others say that the difference is maybe 10% better with HIDs using stock projectors. A true retrofit may cost a few hundred dollars though

If you think the brights are great (which they are), look at how many lumens the Osrams put out versus the OEM hi-beams-- it's pretty close

BTW, can someone confirm something I mentioned earlier?

Is there a seperate adjustment for low beams and/or high beams or does one adjustment change both?

yes the low beam adjustment is different from high

check your bulb alignment, I bought my car new and I had the same problem - could not see anything

Someone adjusted them to shine at the sky:lol: both sides even:lol::eek: I only noticed this when I installed HIDs and was lighting up the fwy signs that you drive under:eek:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

In a 2005, high beam and low bean adjustment are the same. In other words, you aim the low beams, and the high beams move correspondingly. they changed this in the new body?

Also, huge +1 to Osram Rallye 65W bulbs.

Cool! Thanks!!

Just ordered the Osram Rallye bulbs for the low beams, HIR1, (9011's), for the high beams and even got a pair of the CPI Gold Selective yellows for the fog lamps. All from CandlePower.

I travel some serious country roads at 4am with ALOT of deer, so I want to see tham ASAP, (or at least vaporize them!). ;)

Thanks again and I'll check the adjustment on those lows!!

Woo hoo!!

Man these Osram Rallye bulbs are awesome!! Fixed my crappy low beam problem with zero adjustment to the beam height.

Now what's the best way to get to those little fog lights????

Yeah, I love the cheap + easy upgrade of the Osrams for the low beam, from Candlepower.

For the fogs, I looked under with a flashlight- it's pretty easy to get them changed, basic twist and remove...

don't put HIDs in stock housing please

my HIDSs in stock housing are perfect, had my roommate do a couple drive bys coming the other way in his car, he had no issues at all.

35W 8000K

*passing each other on opposite sides of the road*

Now what's the best way to get to those little fog lights????

from the back of the housing

used piaa bulbs and did not make a difference

used hids and they are useable now:) note: my seat is almost all the way back and slightly tilted back from the upright position and i see the hood scoop and edges of the hood (not where it dips on the hood)

unless you sit all the way forward, you are not going to notice the fogs on with regular bulb replacement

problem is the fog housing sit too far back to be useable

from the back there is a knob for vertical adjustment and that barely helped the aiming, can see like 2" above the hood scoop (fog lights shine) totally not useable (before hid upgrade)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

my HIDSs in stock housing are perfect, had my roommate do a couple drive bys coming the other way in his car, he had no issues at all.

35W 8000K

*passing each other on opposite sides of the road*

they are FAR from perfect

post a pic of the cut off on against the wall and you'll see

they are FAR from perfect

post a pic of the cut off on against the wall and you'll see

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/chrisfavreau/11aa4a17.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/chrisfavreau/ff122fa8.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/chrisfavreau/94dc70c3.jpg

i do see any major issues, some slight light scatter right and left

the closer ones to the wall are level

far away one slight downward slope

looks pretty much the same as my 07 Acura minus the blueish hue with the ones in the subaru (not currently in arizona with me sorry no pics)

I don't see any problem with the cutoff on the stock projectors with HID's based off of pics i've seen. There are cars with OEM HID's with cutoffs that arent as sharp as the stock projectors. Yes the retrofits offer sharper cutoff with less glare, but OE housings are more than adequate for most of us.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Archived