LegacyGT.com

Question about fuel lines on 2nd Gen Legacy

KennyMcRae

So my gf's sisters car is a 98 Legacy L Wagon. Auto and in living in the northeast. I was wasked to look into a leaking rear brake line. The one that runs above the gas tank and rear crossmemeber...

So I find the leak, I can do the brake line with no real issues aside from it just sucking to do. The problem came when I clened all the brake fuild away and notice the fuel line that runs parrall to the brake lines on the pass side "frame rail" in the back. Its completely rusted and bulged out. I think if I looked at it wrong, it would burst.

This car is beat. Body looks like crap, it has a salvage title. BUT it runs fine.

My question is. How big of a can of worms am I potentially opening up if I attempt to fix the fuel lines? Am I going to end up having to drop the tank and buy a bunch of specific fuel lines? Is this not worth it?

I was thinking of suggesting they sell the motor and crush the car then use that 400 or so to put towards another Subaru that doesnt have the same issues with the fuel lines.

Archived