LegacyGT.com

trunk issues?

so i have an 05 wagon and when i bought the car the only problem i had was that that hatch would not lock, it would latch but not lock, got it fixed whatever no big deal. as of tonight the hatch won't even latch from what it looks like it seems that the piece on the actually hatch is like jammed closed but the odd thing is its not coming up on the dash as if the door is "ajar" and my dome light isn't on as if i left a door open. has any one had this issue or know what it is, i wanna say its the motor inside the door since that happen to me on a previous car but not sure yet.

I had to replace the latch on my wagon a few years back, it's like $50 at the dealership.

I have also notice the latch will act funny if the car is real hot, as its been in the hot sun for days.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

open the hatch, unlock the hatch, via the fob. try again. After you send the unlock signal, make sure that the manual lift is all the way out.

If the hatch is stuck in the locked position, you can still close the hatch, and it will not send an error of an open hatch.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

open the hatch, unlock the hatch, via the fob. try again. After you send the unlock signal, make sure that the manual lift is all the way out.

If the hatch is stuck in the locked position, you can still close the hatch, and it will not send an error of an open hatch.

when i have it open and i press the button i hear it but the physical piece doesn't move.

when i have it open and i press the button i hear it but the physical piece doesn't move.

Stick a screwdriver into it and force it open. Add lots of CRC. If the "hook" is stuck closed, this is the last try, prior to replacement.

If the hook is stuck open, again CRC, else replacement.

Make sure you push the hand latch in the open position. IE, when you grab it, it moves up. Make sure that it moves down. The latch can get stuck in the open position, and not return to down.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Stick a screwdriver into it and force it open. Add lots of CRC. If the "hook" is stuck closed, this is the last try, prior to replacement.

If the hook is stuck open, again CRC, else replacement.

Make sure you push the hand latch in the open position. IE, when you grab it, it moves up. Make sure that it moves down. The latch can get stuck in the open position, and not return to down.

its completely shut closed i can get it to move a little bit with a screw driver but can't can't it in open position

i take back my previous statement haha seems to work fine now? any reason why that happened or how that happened?

thanks a lot .:robinlsb:.

Probably because the same thing happened to me:lol: With the trunk open, if you hit the fob, it locks, and that prevents the trunk from locking. Closing the trunk , prevents it from locking, yet you can't tell that the problem is that the lock, is locked

I had it happen when the car was almost new. It's very easy to stick the fob in your pocket and lock the car. But with the truck open, it locks and everything goes from there.

Always make sure the trunk is unlocked before you close it. Multiple presses on the unlock sender, b4 you close the lid prevents the problem

Glad I saved you money:)

Probably because the same thing happened to me:lol: With the trunk open, if you hit the fob, it locks, and that prevents the trunk from locking. Closing the trunk , prevents it from locking, yet you can't tell that the problem is that the lock, is locked

I had it happen when the car was almost new. It's very easy to stick the fob in your pocket and lock the car. But with the truck open, it locks and everything goes from there.

Always make sure the trunk is unlocked before you close it. Multiple presses on the unlock sender, b4 you close the lid prevents the problem

Glad I saved you money:)

So strange but thanks again!

It may also have been stuck up with "Gunk"

I've had door latches do the same thing - they just get a little sticky and act up - I spray all my latches with Silicone Spray 2x a year and it seems to help with keeping them from sticking...

Archived