LegacyGT.com

Noob Datalog... Your thoughts?

Cincy05LGT

I thought it might be a good idea to run a few logs on my stock '05 LGT MT to make sure everything is healthy before attempting Stg 1. I also did a learning view the day before I pulled the log. I was concerned my knock sum was at 6. Should a stock EVERYTHING be knocking at all or is this just what the ecu "thinks" might be knock. Thanks for your help!

Edit: I always run 93 Octane Shell V-Power

romraiderlog_20091106_173816.csv

824184151_LearningView_SS_11-4-200970048PM.jpg.377a992d1bc9efdde326cc2f58ed6264.jpg

The car didn't knock at all during your WOT log. Knock sum increments each time the ecu thinks the car knocked. In this case, you had 6 potential knock events prior to doing this log. If you had knocked in this log you would see knock sum go from 6 to 7.

Your AF learning ranges all look pretty high though. Is the intake stock? Air filter is oem (from dealer)? Resonator is in place?

Intake is stock, filter is oem, and resonator is in place. I recently took off the snorkel over the radiator to install HID's. Could it be the result of the snorkel coming loose? Also I had a new factory shortblock replaced in mid-August by Subaru under warranty due to a rod bearing failure. The ecu hasn't been reset since the rebuild. Should I reset it?

Don't bother resetting the ECU.

The stock tune knocks a bit, so don't worry about the knock sum. I see that count up during normal cruising and at stop lights, and my tune is stock in those areas.

However your fuel trims are off a bit, and the knocks shown in Learning View are small cause for concern. The stock tune is a bit knock-prone in that same area, so it's not a big deal. If you were planning to keep the car I'd suggest working on the MAF scaling and reducing timing in the low-load / 3500+RPM area. But since you're returning the car to stock... meh. Only fix it if you want to.

Mickeyd seems to think I may have a boost leak. I don't doubt him of course, but I was curious what would bring him to that conclusion based on the learning view. I am very interested to start learning more about tuning. I did another learning view and two 3rd gear WOT logs tonight.

1258101302_LearningView_SS_11-8-2009110648PM.jpg.808c19280bca04971be440f961ff7eb6.jpg

romraiderlog_20091108_213940.csv

romraiderlog_20091108_213833.csv

Learning view doesn't provide any information that would suggest a boost leak, I suspect he got that idea from saw something in your logs. Boost seems slightly low to me, but it's been a long time since I looked at boost from a stock LGT so I'm not really sure. I'd trust his judgement though.

I have been searching for a thread on testing for boost leaks, and so far I have come up with very little. Should I plug the intake right after the airbox and pump it up with a bike pump/shrader valve? Or should the test be performed after the turbo? Once again, this is a completely stock setup. Any help would be appreciated! I am thinking of doing this today after work if I can get any feedback.

Archived