LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha alright good to know. Tried to use a magnet, but couldnt get it far enough in the pipe to attract the washer.

I'll try blasting it out, thanks Hogmeat! I'm enjoyin the rumbles despite the rattle from the washer haha.

Boulder, CO eh? Want to say thanks for the free rumbles?

I'm coming to visit Longmont for a week in October. Kinda scoping the area out for a potential move in the future (my employer has a branch there). Want to show me around?

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Boulder, CO eh? Want to say thanks for the free rumbles?

I'm coming to visit Longmont for a week in October. Kinda scoping the area out for a potential move in the future (my employer has a branch there). Want to show me around?

I should be able to swing that. Just shoot me a pm when you're gunna be here and I'll try and make somethin work!

I can't believe this thread is still active! As one of the early adopters, it warms my heart to see Hoggy's redneck innovation going strong.

All hail King Hogmeat!!!

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

So what's the "paid" alternative (eg: > $1 of washers) - replace the rear mufflers in order to get a better sound? If so what's available for this? Anyone got vid's / sounds they can post? Not a fan of the "hogzaust (aka "hole-n-zaust" - and no disrespect hogmeat, the idea is simple but I'm not 18 years old anymore trying to pull pussy with 60 cents worth of washers) I want the boxer rumble noise and preferably a nice exhaust note when I ring the shit outta it, but preferably don't want an annoying drone at idle or cruising.

I got to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo around a local race track yesterday, if anyone can get a Subby to sound like that for < $200 they'd be a rich man lol!!! That was 550HP of pure sex on wheels.

http://www.chimera.co.nz/subaru/lambo.jpg

Edited by chimera

So what's the "paid" alternative (eg: > $1 of washers) - replace the rear mufflers in order to get a better sound? If so what's available for this? Anyone got vid's / sounds they can post? Not a fan of the "hogzaust (aka "hole-n-zaust" - and no disrespect hogmeat, the idea is simple but I'm not 18 years old anymore trying to pull pussy with 60 cents worth of washers) I want the boxer rumble noise and preferably a nice exhaust note when I ring the shit outta it, but preferably don't want an annoying drone at idle or cruising.

I got to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo around a local race track yesterday, if anyone can get a Subby to sound like that for < $200 they'd be a rich man lol!!! That was 550HP of pure sex on wheels.

http://www.chimera.co.nz/subaru/lambo.jpg

Just because you pay more for an exhaust doesn't mean it's going to sound better. I've tried a magnaflow full catback exhaust (I forget how much.. $800?). It sounded like shit. WAY too much drone, too much bass, too loud. Granted I have an aftermarked downpipe.

I've also tried nameless performance axleback muffler deletes. A high quality product. I think around 500 bucks? It was obnoxiously loud.

I've given up for now, unless I can first hand hear something that sounds better than my hogzaust. Also, DON'T rely on youtube or forum posts on here if you're making a decision on which aftermarket exhaust to buy. I was fooled twice by this. The only certain way is to listen in person, to a car that has a very similar setup (eg aftermarket downpipe vs stock makes a big difference).

I really liked my Hogzust mod while I had it. Now I'm running the v2.1 SPT and that is a sexy sounding exhaust. You can hear the boxer rumble but with no drone. Not cheap though.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

When it comes to exhaust sounds, it's just a matter of sound perference of ones ear, just like car speakers. I still rock the Hogzust after all these years and still love it. For me it's the perfect balance of not too loud, no drone, but yet gives it a sporty sound.
My wife's balls are delicious.

I don't drive my subie anymore - but on my Miata...I tried to do a hogzaust-type mod...and yup. It sounded like crap.

So, I dropped $650 on a full CBE...and coming from the cheapest man on earth...it was money well spent. You just have to listen, and see what you like. As far as the HZ on my 2.5T - I'd have kept that no matter what it cost. It just sounded great to me!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• 4 weeks later...
Did you only install the washers on one side of the exhaust?

I did one washer, passenger side. That's it. Gives me enough of a rumble/growls when getting on it so I can hear it a bit. My ears are somewhat sensitive, and it's enough for me. Don't need it to sound like a coffee can :lol:

Want to keep it subtle, so only one washer per bolt instead of two, and only on one side. Just wondering if there's any difference between doing the passenger or driver side. Hoping to eventually move to the Legacy STI quad tip mufflers, but this will have to do for the time being.

hmmm, maybe its me, but i think thats *abit* too loud?

did you space just one side? or both of them? sounds real nice though.

so my question is, would spacing just one side and/or using smaller spacers reduce sound intensity? i'm aiming for about halfway between stock and what you have.

i'm saying this because i live around lots of old people, LOTS of [conservative] old people and dont want to be too obnoxious on campus either. too many ricers as it is, dont want to be mistaken for one.

matt

Man, screw them old folk! Lol jk.

I live on the top of a 3 mile high mountain and I had my exhaust unbolted for a few days to try a few things, going up a steep incline while riding in 2nd gear is literally a freakin' eargasm for me.. I'm gonna try this for real!