LegacyGT.com

Turbo problem

Hey!

I have a 2010 LGT and yesterday i installed the Cobb ap stage 1. I went to try the car, did 1 reasonnable acceleration and saw the turbo boost all the way to 15 psi on the oem gauge. Then the car lost a lot of power, turbo gauge stuck at 0 mark. I uninstalled the app, now the power is back but not all of it. Turbo gauge still stuck, turbo seems unexistent and the engine stutters at idle...... any idea what is happening?

There is also a little-finger sized hose that connects under the manifold by the intercooler that can blow off. I put a worm clamp on mine. It comes from the passenger side of the engine and makes a tight 90 degree turn onto a nipple poking out from under the manifold. You pretty much have to uninstall the intercooler and put your head where the intercooler used to be to see it.

Pro tip: Mark the orientation of the TB-Intercooler hose before you take it off. It's a bitch to get rotated right if you don't.

I found it. It was a small rubber hose that disconnected from a T from another hose that runs under the TMIC. The air whistle was actually a vacuum one from the T. Put it back with a tie wrap and everything is back to normal. I think this is where the boost gauge hose (the one disconnected) is connected. Thanks everyone!!!

IMG_1008.thumb.PNG.f59eb2cce6f10cfb086ab05f7cebcde5.PNG

^ is the one you are thinking of this one. I have this old photo taken for times like this one. might be a pain to get to it under the manifold.

Yeap that's the one!

That's a good photo to show where the PCV valve is too.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you fix the blown off vac hose/tee?

I had this low boost issue when I first flashed the Cobb OTS Stage1 tune, it would only hit 12 or 13 psi. It turned out that the throttle body coupler hose (between TMIC and TB) was leaking a little. I tightened it up and hit target boost no problem.

No kits available, but most of the small lines are the same size. Try doing a boost leak test. I will try to find the link. Its fairly simple take out the airbox plug the intake hose with a container or bottle large enough to clamp the hose off with. And then remove the boost signal line and feed air into it with a compressor and listen for the leak.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't the Cobb maps aim for 15 psi plus or minus 1 psi? That makes you spot on I'd think.

It depends on what gas you have available, 91 and acn91 are 15 and 14 respectively. 93 is 17 psi. The hwg, lwg, and nwg all have the same boost targets they just have different WGDC to reach the target boost or tune it down if you are overboosting.

Archived