LegacyGT.com

Help a noob: banjo bolts and rear struts

Hi all,

Could someone plz show me where the dang passenger side banjo bolt is?? The picture in the walk through thread is not helping me. When I'm looking for it I'm standing by the right front tire looking down at the turbo.

Next thing..how the heck do you get to the tops of the rear struts?? I think I have some loose bolts but don't know how to access them.

Thanks!!

Which banjo bolt are you looking for the one on the turbo or on the back of the head ?

I guess the 07-09's have one on top of the engine instead of the back of the head. That is the one with the filter in it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ok..after just about killing myself getting into a position inside the trunk to get to the strut mount tops (I'm 6'4"), I removed the rubber plug and attempted to tighten the center bolt that sits below the trunk sheet metal.

To my disappointment it felt like I was just rotating the bolts instead of tightening them. I turned the socket about 3 full swings without feeling any torque increase. This was the same for both sides.

Am I missing something obvious?

Ok..after just about killing myself getting into a position inside the trunk to get to the strut mount tops (I'm 6'4"), I removed the rubber plug and attempted to tighten the center bolt that sits below the trunk sheet metal.

To my disappointment it felt like I was just rotating the bolts instead of tightening them. I turned the socket about 3 full swings without feeling any torque increase. This was the same for both sides.

Am I missing something obvious?

This is because you need to prevent the rod from spinning using an allen key, while you tighten the bolt (see illustration below).

http://www.crodog.org/electriccar/strutnut.jpg

Archived