LegacyGT.com

Does anyone want to take a look at my AP log?

Rester5350

So it doesnt look like I any knock but I am not sure what else to look for. The car is an 06 OBXT with the cobb ots stage 2 93 oct sf tune. On a side note is there a way to check your vin on this website? i thought i had read something about this but my searches have yielded nothing. Thanks in advance!datalog5.csv

No knock at all, looks clean, but boost is running a little low as indicated by boost error and the fact that your WGDC is hitting the limit imposed by MaxWGDC. Not sure if Cobb maps are designed that way on purpose.

Boost error is how far you are from your target. A positive error indicates you are under your target boost, negative error indicates you are overboosting.

The fact that you have a positive boost error and WGDC is not increasing means that Turbo Dynamics can't intervene (it does this by adding WGDC) anymore, which indicates that your WGDC is capped out.

It's not bad for your car healthwise, and like I said, Cobb may have designed the map that way on purpose so that in 4th and 5th gear you are less likely to overboost.

Cobb rep will tell you its a mechanical problem or your fuel is the issue; not their maps.... get a e-tune that supports accessport from a vendor like infamous, and call it good.

Here is my cobb story:

My first cobb map 91 ATv...gave me lots of knock correction and knock learning, all other parameters were pretty good. Cobb rep said it was my gas and recommended I switch to the 91ACN map. I did and knock decreased but my AFR got worse and started to have erratic boost. Cobb rep then stated I had a post maf leak causing AFR to be off... well the first map I had no issues with AFR and I did not touch anything on my car to cause the change, as this was just simple stage one flash. Cobb rep then recommended that I switch to 91ACN LWG map, and guess what.... no change, the parameters were still shitty.

This Cobb rep then said, I have a mechanical issue ie. boost/vac leak and crappy 91 octane gas, and told me to go get a protune for the gas lol and also have mechanical issues ruled out ie. check for leaks! Because, the Cobb maps are safe and not the problem. WOW!!! I wish I had returned that damn $600 dollar piece and went e-tune to begin with! Cobb ots maps suck!

Needless to say I spent alot of money trying to resolve this, and had no mechanical issues with my car....Cobb maps were responsible.

Get an e-tune or pro-tune and use your access-port or return AP and buy a tactrix cable, download some software and go opensource and save your self some $$$

Cobb rep will tell you its a mechanical problem or your fuel is the issue; not their maps.... get a e-tune that supports accessport from a vendor like infamous, and call it good.

Here is my cobb story:

My first cobb map 91 ATv...gave me lots of knock correction and knock learning, all other parameters were pretty good. Cobb rep said it was my gas and recommended I switch to the 91ACN map. I did and knock decreased but my AFR got worse and started to have erratic boost. Cobb rep then stated I had a post maf leak causing AFR to be off... well the first map I had no issues with AFR and I did not touch anything on my car to cause the change, as this was just simple stage one flash. Cobb rep then recommended that I switch to 91ACN LWG map, and guess what.... no change, the parameters were still shitty.

This Cobb rep then said, I have a mechanical issue ie. boost/vac leak and crappy 91 octane gas, and told me to go get a protune for the gas lol and also have mechanical issues ruled out ie. check for leaks! Because, the Cobb maps are safe and not the problem. WOW!!! I wish I had returned that damn $600 dollar piece and went e-tune to begin with! Cobb ots maps suck!

Needless to say I spent alot of money trying to resolve this, and had no mechanical issues with my car....Cobb maps were responsible.

Get an e-tune or pro-tune and use your access-port or return AP and buy a tactrix cable, download some software and go opensource and save your self some $$$

I am finding that the cobbs have some intermittent issues. Once i get my new tmic on I am planning on doing an etune and a pro tune for new turbo and fuel mods. I really just wanted to make sure my ots was safe for now but i do have the tmic in my trunk just calling my name.;)

Afrs look good and looks like its holding boost pretty good, Dam is 1, I dont know about the Dynamic Adv numbers, looks like you had one knock incident when ya floored it, but nothing after that. Over all not bad if my cobb ots looked like that I would have left it alone lol

As for boost....What does the cobb ots map say target boost is...it should say on the AP when you look at what map version you are running.. see what it is its probably like 14.5 to 16 psi I am not sure for that year.. sorry dude

I may have missed something but I am sure someone else can confirm or deny my speculations. I do not know a whole lot about tuning I do know what some bad parameters look like and am still trying to learn more, but difficult while full semester and senior year for bachelors :(

Hmm I don't believe that's how it's supposed to behave, and I'll tell you why. Here are logs from my own stage 2 Cobb back from 2009 when I still had an AP. I had a full 3" catted turboback and AVO TMIC. Regular off the shelf stage 2 Cobb, 93 octane.

Those are 3rd gear runs, and you can see what the temperature is like. Notice how I actually hit 16 PSI, and my wastegate isn't capped out like yours is.

cobb stage 2 91 oct 3rd wot (run 1).csv

cobb stage 2 91 oct 3rd wot (run 2).csv

Hmm I don't believe that's how it's supposed to behave, and I'll tell you why. Here are logs from my own stage 2 Cobb back from 2009 when I still had an AP. I had a full 3" catted turboback and AVO TMIC. Regular off the shelf stage 2 Cobb, 93 octane.

Those are 3rd gear runs, and you can see what the temperature is like. Notice how I actually hit 16 PSI, and my wastegate isn't capped out like yours is.

You have alot of knock events and erratic afrs compared to the other dudes logs I dont see how that is more normal? and I think op is stage one...

1) I don't use that map anymore precisely because of the knock. But that was a 93 octane map anyway. When I had the AP, I did back off to 91 octane map and it helped, but there was still knock.

2) The knock isn't what you should be looking at. You should be looking at the boost control. You can clearly see his boost error indicates he's undershooting his targets and despite undershooting, his Primary WGDC isn't increasing, which means his Max WGDC is capped out. That is not normal.

3) The AF sensor reading in WOT is worthless. My AFRs weren't erratic either. I think you may not understand what the AF Learning parameter is.

Afrs in +or -8 were good... I thought and he didn't show any knock other than one spot what parameters are bad? I am not sure about the wastegate looks a lil high, i attached a log of a 91ACN map I ran stage one

Your own log isn't very useful because you're not in a good gear to be logging, especially not with that sort of resolution. A 300-600 RPM jump between lines of logging is pretty ridiculous.... You should be in 3rd gear, not... what is that, 1st? 2nd?

Your own AF learning indicates that you may either your MAF sensor is not scaled properly (do you have an intake?), your MAF sensor may be dirty, or you may have a leak somewhere post turbo. Most people like keeping their AF trims between +/- 5, not 8 but it varies.

You have both FBKC and FLKC under heavy load, and it's not an insignificant amount either. You are pulling a full 2 degrees of FLKC at WOT and another 1 degree near redline, which may just be a shifting issue due to the EAT... But regardless, both of those are worth looking into because knock at WOT, high RPM, high load is when things can go kaboom.

I noticed on my 91 ATv map I had spots that had 75% in wastegate I ended up using a 91acn lwg map and my car still didnt like it :(

He may wanna put the lwg map if thats too high

This is wrong. An LWG map is used for when you're overboosting. It reduces the amount of WGDC dialed into the map. He's UNDERboosting. He should (if anything) use the HWG map...

Ah thank you sir for the clarification. I logged that from like 25mph to 70mph in auto mode, I also decided to get an e-tune because cobb maps dont like kansas gas or something all of them had knock and at one point caused my DAM to change and cobb rep said I needed a protune :( I have since learned to log by putting car in manual to make sure its in third gear lol Since that map I have added a perrin tb inlet and cobb post maf hose to try and get Afrs good, i have even cleaned the maf, I still have some neg Afr though so I dont know what could be causing it everything is ziptied and clamped this was my last log after e-tune I am still waiting on revision

6june 3rdgear manual mode pull after tmic reflash.csv

Hey guys I am still taking all of this info in. I did this pull today sport mode 3rd gear. The car is 93 stage 2, turbo back no cats, up no cat and cobb sr intake, so it should be seeing 16.2-16.5 psi. I do have a tmic but dont want to put it on until i get an Infamous 1 tune. So could the WGDC limit be a leak somewhere? Im pretty sure i cannot adjust it on my own? It seams to hold better with the new tb hose.

• 3 months later...

Archived