LegacyGT.com

05 LGT, 09 engine, need new shortblock.

Got a broken rod, and now im tryna fix this situation. i know the 05-06 ej255 block is the same as the ej257. as im researching for my replacement i find the 07+ legacy block is slightly different from the 04-06 257. (slight diff in pistons and the 07+legacy block has a smaller combustion chamber.) Could i replace my shortblock with a 05 257 or am i gonna need to go in another direction? is there anything special i'd need to do? im asking i can get one for a great price?

If you can't get a positive answer, may be call the guy's at Fred Beans, they are very helpful.

FB's is a vendor here, click on the Vendor tab at the top of this page.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

257 and 255 short block are the same and bolt right up to your heads. I just got a new 11' 257 shortblock with the nitrated crank brand new for 1875 shipped.

If you have the money get that rather than rebuild or buy used and roll the dice. Plus what ever your power goals are, it's more beneficial. You'd already have the crank people want to get, the new 257 rods are bullet proof, and you just drop in new pistons if you feel like it and go from there. Just get your heads cleaned, checked and resurfaced. Providing nothing broke in there, which I doubt, then that would be a nice swap.

Personally I'm doing just that. Ordered new 257, manley pistons, arp head bolts, and cleaning/resurfacing my heads. Solid for a dd.

Archived