LegacyGT.com

Disabled Seatbelt Chime, now it is back?

I disabled the seat belt chime a long time ago. Suddenly last night I turned my car on and was sitting in it while setting up the ipod and the seat belt chime continued to go off.

I haven't disconnected the battery recently or anything like that. What would cause this chime to come back? Does anyone know if there is some sort of "time limit" where the chime comes back after a certain number of hours?

I usually buckle up while it is chiming (even with the chime disabled it beeps a few times when you first start the car) so it could have come back a few days ago. On Monday morning, the car struggled to turn over. Started to turn over, died out (but i continued cranking) and then it caught. Could there have been some sort of shock to the electrical system?

Remove the two front bolts from the drivers seat. Lift the seat a bit and disconnect the white connector near the drivers door side of the seat. You will never have the chime come back on. Bolt heads are 15mm.

Did mine in the 09 Spec B last night. I'll do the 05GT soon. I also disconected the DRL in the 09 last night.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

interesting. just had my car detailed recently, and i've also noticed that my driver's seat now squeaks when i go over bumps. i wonder if they got under it and messed with some stuff...

i know, but i havent disconnected the battery.

Check condition of your battery.

Mine did the exact same thing and I disabled the chime and it kept coming back every couple of days. A few weeks later my battery was dead, with no other warning signs.

^+1.....I disabled mine years ago and suddenly it came back a few months back. I would disable it and it would "mysteriously" come back every few days but it got so it wouldn't even take anymore. A few weeks later, my battery died - after I put a new battery in, I was able to disable it again and hasn't reverted back since.

I have disabled mine a dozen, or more times, never lasts more than a few days...and that is with a good battery......I just figure the gerbils and gremlins from my home computer go into my car during the night to wreak havoc :lol::lol:

this has happened before, but a long time ago. i guess i'll disable again and see if it comes back some time soon. the cranking issues i had earlier in the week seemed to be signs of a weak(ening) battery.

I also think it's been mentioned that cold weather and an old battery may cause this too.

How old is your battery ?

5 or 6 years.... I'd replace it before it fails when you need it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Mine has the same issue.. I disable and it comes back. My battery is from 12/09, so I don't think that is the problem. It is currently 50-60 degrees, so I don't think that can be it. I have not disconnected the battery for any reason.

Any other suggestions?

Archived