LegacyGT.com

Powder Coating in NOVA

BarManBean

• Moderators
Even though he's not local, you should still get a quote from Mike at http://www.thepowdercoater.com.

I say you should pull the trigger! You should be able to cover the PC cost with the monies you get from the tires.

Maybe...selling a set of tires is rarely easy...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
I've heard good things about Dominion Powder Coating in Manassass and not so flattering things about extreme PC in Lorton on terminal rd.

Thanks. Extreme PC is the only company I've talked to so far and they quoted me $150 a wheel which is ridiculous...

• Moderators
I used frederick powder coating in winchester if you're willing to drive a little further. IIRC I paid ~$300 for a set of 18s. Just make sure you tell him to clear the wheels when done.

That could work for me in conjunction with a fishing trip or two. Was the end result pretty good?

The quality of work was excellent. The only issues were that the powder I picked came out slightly darker, he explained to me afterwards that the samples are on steel and the wheels are aluminum so it will appear darker, and the fact that I had to make 2 trips to pickup the wheels because he didn't clear coat the wheels although I know we specifically talked about it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Dropped parts off at Figure Finishing on Monday. I initially went with Hot Yellow but then called them today to change it to Astatic Red. I'm pretty excited to get them completed. The parts have a six week lead time at the current moment.

Parts:

- Hella Horn Cages

- Three under body braces

- Front and rear swaybars

- Strut tower brace brackets.

Archived