LegacyGT.com

iTunes Automotive Apps

So there is Dynolicious, I also found dynobox, pocketdyno and horsepower in the way of measuring acceleration, power, etc. Can't vouch for their accuracy since I've never really put them to the test.

Also found iSuspend which supposebly tests the condition of your shocks.

Any other cool auto-centric apps you guys have seen/used?

There's also Tilt Meter which measures the degrees of incline from a top-down view which I thought was kinda cool, and along the same lines artificial horizon 3D which is exactly what the name implies, an aircraft-like horizon meter-o-thingie.

Later edit. There is also:

AccelGraph

G Force

Max g Force

g-tac

G-Meter

Aircraft G-meter

CarTrack

gMeter

Track Dat

Upshift Drag

autoGs

Anyone have experience with any of these? I got 50 bucks worth of gift cards dumped into the iTunes store so I'm trying to figure out what's worth getting :)

:munch:

I almost got dynolicious not too long ago, but couldn't bring myself to spend the $13 or so on it since the gift card was from my boss. I wanted to spend it on productivity.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

+1. I'm fairly turned off to the dyno and 0/60 features because not only do I already have those on the Cobb AP, but there are so many variables that even if I got some figures I was happy with, there would be no guarantee they would be close to reality. To me, a good old dyno is still the way to go. I don't want false hope, nor do I want false disappointment.

the magazine reviews of Dynolicious state it's within 1% when it's calibrated right...

there was a comparison between a true Dyno and the Itunes apps, Dynolicious came out on top and they said it was very accurate.

then again, you have so many variable with the ipod/iphone to deal with just to get it to be that accurate.

Do you guys know if the official curb weight feature for our cars is with a full tank of gas, or dry weight? Trying to get the best out of these programs so I have to factor in curb weight. What should I put for drivetrain loss %?

2005 LGT non-limited shows as being 3365lb for the automatic on MSN Autos, is that correct?

If i remember correctly, Curb weight is dry.

"Dry" can mean a ton of things also... could be with no fluids period.. could be with oil and such but no gas.. could be with all fluids and like 1 gal gas. all manufacturers are different. there really should be a standard for that.

Yamaha's Version of "Dry" was everything but the gas.

Best to go weigh your car if possible.

• 2 years later...

Archived