LegacyGT.com

Subaru Added Security Service Contract

I'm almost at 36,000 miles and am bringing it in to the dealer for an oil change Wednesday. When making the appointment, I talked to the service guy about the extended warranty and he said he'd talk to me about it when I drop off the car. I did some reading on the company website but found no prices.

Does anyone have any thoughts/experiences with this? Is this a waste of money as long as I keep it properly maintained and don't drive it like I stole it?

Of course, my decision will be based on how expensive the coverage is.

I drive about 25K/yr 90% highway. Aside from normal maintenance, I had a strut replaced under warranty a couple months ago. I believe the part and labor was around $300. You know how quickly costs add up....

Thanks...

Not sure on the details but is it subaru direct or another co?

From my experience those extended warranty programs can get quite expensive. On the flip side my tranny on the honda went and i got it replaced (plus i had a few other minor things) go but they fight u tooth and nail. Its not as rosey when tou try to make a claim.

Just from that experience i never buy them.

I purchased the SOA extended warranty when I bought my car last August. It's already paid for itself - last month the turbo started to make noise and was diagnosed with early signs of bearing wear. Caught it in time and had a replacement turbo installed with its own 12K warranty, fresh VF40 with the required oil feed lines as well as a couple flushes of the oil system for the $50 deductible out of pocket and no issues getting it covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived