LegacyGT.com

I'm going to the strip, who's gonna beat who?

I'm going with a few buddies down to the drag strip, there's been a lot of smack talk but I'm wondering what your predictions are. Cars coming are:

my LGT

A 2012 Duramax 2500 with full bolt-ons, chip, etc no tranny work though

1980's Honda 250R quad. pretty much fully custom engine/suspension

1967 Mustang with bolt-ons and aftermarket rear end

Very diverse group so it should be interesting. I think that at least vs. my car the 4-wheeler has a chance as it's only a 1/8th mile strip.

Be careful of the Duramax. My son's 07 Dulley with the Bullydog programer had 538HP and over 900ftlbs. The thing was pretty impressive for a 8000lb truck.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The Honda is probably a 250R. If so, I'd be incredibly careful, as those are the go-to bikes for racing. You typically see Yamaha Banshees more often when it comes to drag racing specifically though.

I'll second Max Capacity's comment about the Duramax, too. I've seen too many turbo-diesels destroy corvettes and mustangs at the strip to say anything otherwise lol.

Let us know the results though!

That's it, it's a 250R. The guy may even buy slicks before the race. Like I said it's an 1/8 mile so I'm a little nervous.

Duramax guy has probably $40k into the truck with lift kit and body work. Not sure if the turbo is swapped but a guy with a similar truck was running low 12's.

It'll be my first time drag racing so should be interesting. I'll take some videos of the night and post them up.

dirtbikes/4-wheelers are fast on the drag strip. you can't beat a power to weight ratio of 53hp to 220lbs (ie 450 bike). especially on a 1/8 mile. and deisel trucks have incredible launches. you'll probably lose to everyone

Archived