LegacyGT.com

I random thought I had the other day...

08Flo Rida

My last vehicle was an A4, the second I have owned. I like the styling of audi's but I had to let it go because it was getting close to 100k. Any way the reason that I started this thread is because I was going to ask everyones opinion on a mod that i did to it. I decided to paint the roof black, I wasn't trying to replicate the a3's black roof or the full sunroofs on some Mercedes. I just thought it would be cool and different. What are your humble opinions about doing this to a Leggy possibly? Not saying that I am contemplating it, but who knows. So what do ya think?

IMGP1039.thumb.JPG.74e94f04023659cd3bf87d8358d4863a.JPG

IMGP1041.thumb.JPG.e5859424c8b0aebb4cd2706d454bfa09.JPG

IMGP1042.thumb.JPG.86542561cb78ca3a5abb0779774d7cc1.JPG

I did it on my WRX, and with a Black CF hood and black CF trunk, I thought it looked pretty aggressive and unique. The WRX and your Audi have roof seams which make it easy to create a distinctive line between the body and the roof. The LGT sedan on the other hand, has its roof and body blended, with no seams, and therefore no distinctive line to make the paint break properly.

Also, the rear window is too rounded at the top corners to make a nice edge/stop for the blackout. I guess you can tell that I've thought about this too;)

I agree that the darker the color the better it looks. I like the idea of the wagon painting black all the way down to the bottom of the windows. Just thought I would thro the idea out there, thanks for the imput guys.

I know the A4 needed to be detailed, but i didn't care i just needed to sell it so I didn't want to spend any extra money on a detail. For now the legacy is going to stay nice and shiny tho, the way they should be.

I was originally going to get G37 and do it on that, as I've seen LOTS of G35s with the black roof...

however, I don't think the Legacy has the curves to pull it off.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Archived