LegacyGT.com

Ipod not playing through all speakers

newbwrx

I just installed a JL Audio CL-SES to go along with my existing Cleansweep. I have hooked up an Xm radio and Ipod to the SES. The CD Player and XM Radio play fine, but the ipod is only playing through the right front and rear speakers. Any ideas?:confused:

I would bet one of a few things...

The first time I put my audio cable in, I only put a mono cable in. This doesnt quite sound like its your problem because you said it is playing on three of your speakers. Next option is that the connection where it is going into your stereo is slightly out of sync.

Since I am not familiar with either the JL Audio SES , or Cleansweep, is it possible that one of those have a balance where you can turn off the left front channel? Maybe just a setting on one of those that is controlled only when running the ipod cable input into one of them.

It played perfectly when I first put it in(all speakers playing). The cable powers the ipod and has the RCA jacks. I can't see how it could possibly be mono, but what the hell do I know? Obviously not enough. I will check the Cleansweep and see what I can find. Anybody else have any ideas?

Oh btw, I have the exact same thing happen to me every now and then. Now very rarely.

My original thought was that the stereo cable was not in all the way which is further backed by the fact that it works 100 percent of the time now. I used to hook an ipod up, and about halfway through a trip, i would lose all channels except my front driver side speaker which would drive me nuts. Luckily, something seems to have settled as I dont have this problem, but I had been planning to take the assembly apart again and check all of the connections.

Let me know if you take it apart, and then see that the stereo connection in the back of the stereo was slightly loose, id be curious to hear. But yeah , if you have more than one speaker working at various times, you cannot have a mono cable issue.

My original thought was that the stereo cable was not in all the way which is further backed by the fact that it works 100 percent of the time now.

+1.

I thought something was messed up when only 1 speaker was playing music. Then, one day nothing came out, so I looked at the plug for the aux-in, and it was barely on there. Once I "clicked" it all the way in, no more problems for me.

Archived