LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either search "bd bg legacy" in eBay there's a pair on there now for the JDM 1 piecers. Also if you buy the 4 pcs auto vent shade ones for a 3rd gen (2000-2004) legacy wagon they WILL fit. That what I have, make sure you don't get the sedan ones.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! Do you by chance know a link where i can buy the auto vent shades for 3rd gen? i can not find them anywhere im searching online.

ok im new to the subaru world have had several other tuners but i just got a 98 legacy limited 2.5 wanted to throw on an hks universal muffler on the stock pipe for now of course they all ask for inlet size and i have no clue what it is some have told me its 2" but i have not got a definite any help would be great

So I'm looking to do a engine swap (EJ20G probably) this summer. I have a car; 1998 outback. To do the swap I need engine & trans, rear diff, wrx sub frame, and some way to wire it all? Is that correct? I'm looking to do this on a small budget so the cheaper I can go (while still being reliable and not cutting corners) the better. Whats the best way to do the swap on a budget? Look for a wrecked wrx? Buy a jdm engine on ebay?

Wrecked wrx would be optimal if you wanted to just run it normally, And you'd have to merge the harnesses. If you want give yourself a challenge you can buy a Megasquirt standalone ECU and basically run your car however you'd like. The 2nd option would require tuning tho.

Wrecked wrx would be optimal if you wanted to just run it normally, And you'd have to merge the harnesses. If you want give yourself a challenge you can buy a Megasquirt standalone ECU and basically run your car however you'd like. The 2nd option would require tuning tho.

Is merging the harness difficult? Would the Wrecked wrx have everything I need? Or would I still need some other parts?

Between the wrecked wrx and legacy you should have anything. Basically, once you but in the ej20 you'll use the intake manifold to ECU module harness and then just merge it to the legacy for electronics etc. Mind you, it needs to be the same harness and ECU that is exactly the same as the WRX your engine came from

not required but certainly recommended... as staying with your current crossmember will require you to cut a notch in it for the downpipe to clear

Is swapping the subframes a difficult?

The car I will be swapping the new engine and transmission into is an automatic, does this present any issues?

Is a wrx subframe required? Thank you so much for the great info so far!

Subframe and cross-member. Cross member you'll definitely need to enable you to run your UpPipe to the turbo. Down-pipe may require fitting to clear the firewall, but you only need the subframe or cross-member for the up-pipe.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

quick question, could someone recommended a really cheap front end link replacement? im thinking about just going down to napa and getting a replacement but is there anything else worthwhile? I am not looking to spend alot.

would these work? or do the style on pg 1 only work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-REAR-SWAY-BAR-LINKS-FOR-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-STI-03-07-/250726589163?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a607822eb&vxp=mtr

Im guessing im going to get negative responses but thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLD-Front-Swaybar-End-Links-for-2002-2007-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Wagon-Sedan-/140985827611?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d369011b&vxp=mtr

Edited by colby