LegacyGT.com

10K plus RE92 suck in rain rant

Beanboy

As others have mentioned before, the RE92s really go downhill in rain after a couple of seasons/10K+ miles. 50 mph on the highway felt really unstable in the rain, especially with standing water. Going the speed limit on ramps and sharp turns, did not like how the front of the car felt. Tried pushing it a little bit in an empty rotary, and the front slid out very easily. Felt like I was driving on packed snow.

i am selling mine with ~21K miles. anyone interested?

I tried to sell my new ones (587 miles) for $30 each - no takers. They're on the car now, after a season I can justify chucking them when I put the snows on next November.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I still think the tires get a bad rep.

I'm not saying they are great, but more than adequate. This is with just about 50k on the stockers as well and driving in the same MA / NH rain and wet weather lately.

50K+? How long are the rated to last anyway?

They are okay in the dry. Had them cranked to 110mph at a track, and by the end of the day I was comfortable enough to have them complain just a little bit through 50mph corners. After about 90 minutes of track time, they were a bit worn on the edges, but the tread held up just fine.

Same goes for autocross school. Probably 30+runs, lots of complaining from them, but they help up okay.

I just wish they would be much better in the wet. I was driving around on dirt roads last weekend, and it almost felt the same.

50K+? How long are the rated to last anyway?

Thats a good question.

I just passed 50k earlier in the week. They still have a lot of tread left. I should easily be able to keep these through the fall. They won't make another winter though as this past winter was a little interesting at times. Its not worth it to try and push them through another. I should be able to easily get 60-70k out of mine. Keep in mind though, i don't do any tracks and that 90% of the miles are highway as well.

No issues with our 13k RE92a's (although not half worn yet) in 1"/hour rain in NH yesterday. I do recall these tires do go downhill at some point however many other tires do. Interestingly other Bridgestone's which are typically superior in wet typically have technology to make sure rain traction stays throughout. Unfortantely the RE92a's no.

i personally think they suck..... they stink in the wet weather... if you like having a good summer tire with pretty good rain traction, i do like the Kumhos

I like the Yokohama ES100 also...

then just buy snowtires for the winter... the way i see it, you plan on buying tires when your tires go bad, if i have 2 sets, it should last just as long

Hey bruddah,

How's inflation pressure? This - as well as Fall - is the times of year when I got the most traction problems with my RE92s...here in NE-Ohio, temperatures fluctuate quite widely and is often accompanied by precip of various forms at around this time of year, and I found my RE92s to be very, very sensitive to inflation pressures.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Yup, they suck. I have 22k and they are about half worn. I hit a pothole and put a bubble in the sidewall.

Get this, 215/45-17 RE92 goes for about 170.00 per copy.

Some nice member here sold me a used one at a great price. No way I was going to pay that for a piece if crap tire.

So used ones are worth something. POST EM UP everyone.

Archived