LegacyGT.com

Can someone help a newb out...?

Buzzman

I recently bought an aggressive set of wheels, and someone slightly less aggressive tires to go along with it. Now whenever I hit large bumps in the road the tires travel upward and the sidewall is beginning to peel. This is all because of my stock suspension. I'm going to purchase coilovers very soon but I was wondering; first, is the whiteline rear camber kit necessary if I lower my car a bit to fill in my wheel gap a little more; and second, if I lower the car in any way do I need an alignment every time I adjust the coilovers? Thanks for the help guys. I searched and read, but I need more personal opinions on the particulars of it all.

You definitely want to roll the "lip" on the front fenders, that's usually the only thing that rubs/eats the tires AFAIK. The rear camber kit shouldn't be necessary, and I would suggest getting an alignment done somewhere that offers lifetime warranties (I did mine at Firestone), that way if you make any adjustments and want to get it re-aligned it'll be free!

I see what you mean about the front but it's so minimal that, at least right now, it doesn't look to be making contact with my tire. The rear is what I'm concerned about and from my basic understanding, I need negative camber in the rear to prevent them from rubbing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived