LegacyGT.com

anyone have a carfax?

tebriel

Still need a carfax? I'm selling a couple Vin lookups on my account for $10 a piece :) better than the 39.99 you would have to pay!

First of all, just running carfax for other people is a no-no. And on top of that, selling it off like that? Big no-no. You'd be making more money than carfax does after selling 4 reports. I don't think that'd fly.

That said, people on this forum have been gracious enough to give reports for FREE, and since they're usually all Legacy's, it does not raise a flag with carfax.

First of all, just running carfax for other people is a no-no. And on top of that, selling it off like that? Big no-no. You'd be making more money than carfax does after selling 4 reports. I don't think that'd fly.

That said, people on this forum have been gracious enough to give reports for FREE, and since they're usually all Legacy's, it does not raise a flag with carfax.

Agreed. Carfax usually puts the halt on this sort of thing pretty quick. I've never seen people get away with it as freely as they do here. Charging other people for use of your carfax access?? ugh...

• 5 months later...
Not to thread jack, but is there any point to tuning a carfax if I already have an autocheck?

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived