LegacyGT.com

[How-To] Clutch Damper Valve Delete

Ordered #37255AJ000 connector/union for clutch hard line (damper delete). Dealer said part is back-ordered ... may be July before available :eek:. Hope to see it before then, have to wait and see. :munch:

I ordered from subarupartswarehouse.com 2 days ago already shipped it out

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Or...since there is one in the engine bay of every 6MT Legacy, maybe sourcing from a salvage yard would be a faster way to get one.

WAH?!? Is it the same as from the 4th. Gens?

My local dealer wanted 37 and the next dealer farther away wanted 41. reeg got a deal on them for 28 because his company has an account at his local dealership

Great -- ordered! Now gotta find a belt sander, clutch fluid, and the time to do it :)

A belt sander will make the gusset removal very quick, like 5 or 10 minutes. You could certainly do it with a Dremel or hack saw and file, it would just take a lot longer.

Leave the little white plugs in the ends so you dont get metal shavings in the connector.

A belt sander will make the gusset removal very quick, like 5 or 10 minutes. You could certainly do it with a Dremel or hack saw and file, it would just take a lot longer.

Leave the little white plugs in the ends so you dont get metal shavings in the connector.

I work in a facility where we have all sorts of fun tools and toys ;)

I'm also curious if a grinder + sanding disk + vice to hold the grinder would do swell. I'll see when the part arrives :D

I don't know. This is what I used. Just took the cover off the right side of the belt so I could manipulate the edge of the belt and get into the corner of the connector casting.

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-21513-1-3-hp-electric-belt-disc-sander-21513/p-00921513000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

Any sort of rotary tool is going to be more dangerous to fingers, harder to get a good consistent finish, and prone to objects flying than the route I took.

Yup a cutting wheel would definitely do it really quick.

I never trimmed mine and it still fit on so its not a must do. It just doesn't sit on the stud as far back, I was still able to tighten the nut pretty good too.

I like to see more people taking the plunge its well worth it to get a REAL clutch feel on your foot. Not what Subaru thought the clutch should feel like on everybody's feet. I know how to drive it I don't need help. Its like training wheels, and I wear big boy pants now.

yes

During bleeding operation, keep the clutch reservoir

tank filled with clutch fluid to prevent entry of

air.

• Clutch pedal must be operated very slowly.

• Bleed air from the oil line with help of a co-worker.

• The amount of clutch fluid required is approximately

70 m2 (2.4 US fl oz, 2.5 Imp fl oz) for total

clutch system.