LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT, High Miles

So, I'm looking to purchase my first Subaru and came across this...

http://maine.craigslist.org/ctd/2985947336.html

It's got 155k miles but the body is in great shape. There isn't a dent or scratch anywhere.

The interior is very clean, no rips, stains, or busted knobs. All of the locks and buttons work fine. The seats are black leather. The car also has a moonroof.

It's got fairly new low-profile tires, some aftermarket turbo parts, not 100% sure. (Compressor housing I believe)

The seller bought it recently to resell (That's what he does for a living). After he got it, he took it down the road and the clutch shit the bed. I was told the previous owner put it in wrong. Aside from that it appears to have been well maintained.

I was told I could buy it for 6k minus sales tax, so 5700. Was wondering if this is a good deal, and also, how many miles I can expect out of it. I would appreciate anyone's time to read and answer, since I really don't know much about these cars.

i talk to this guy on the phone about 2 weeks ago about the car at that time the car had a blown turbo... he was willing to sell it like that too me for around 3500 im not sure if he fixed it?? i would be careful good luck

i talk to this guy on the phone about 2 weeks ago about the car at that time the car had a blown turbo... he was willing to sell it like that too me for around 3500 im not sure if he fixed it?? i would be careful good luck

When I saw it, it was at a mechanic's garage. He had repaired it but the clutch went right after, so he's fixing that now.

05-07 were good for the turbo going bad due to a filter in the banjo bolt... It filters the oil before it goes into the turbo... I would guess the oil changes were not on the scheduled intervals... Which then leads too, was any of the maintainance done on it's scheduled intervals... Buyer beware

05-07 were good for the turbo going bad due to a filter in the banjo bolt... It filters the oil before it goes into the turbo... I would guess the oil changes were not on the scheduled intervals... Which then leads too, was any of the maintainance done on it's scheduled intervals... Buyer beware

From the research I've done, they tend to go at around 60k even with scheduled oil changes. This went at 150, so I'd assume any problems from it would have shown up sooner. Maybe it had just built up on the filter over time. I'd still lik to get it but maybe I can talk him down to 5k.

• 3 weeks later...
From the research I've done, they tend to go at around 60k even with scheduled oil changes. This went at 150, so I'd assume any problems from it would have shown up sooner. Maybe it had just built up on the filter over time. I'd still lik to get it but maybe I can talk him down to 5k.

199k on my car now. I'm on my 2nd turbo. first was replaced at 98k and was replaced with a turbo with 18k on it. regular oil changes every 3k. have had no issues. planning on getting my hands on my current turbo to see if there is any play in it. last one had little play. both still have filter on them too.

I'd be a little concerned that it's sitting at a mechanics shop and has had a few known issues already. sounds like maybe the car has been thrashed a bit. maybe i'd look for one that hasn't been better cared for.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

05-06, not 07.

Archived