LegacyGT.com

LA Area Shop/Dealership for Subaru Service?

bakabon

I checked out Sherman Oaks Subaru. The sevice writer I spoke with was not very friendly. Their posted prices also seemed high. Just down the street I had a 7500 mile service done on my sons's Nissan at the dealer and it was $85.00. Sherman Oaks Subaru wanted $149.00 (discounted from a normal $169.00) to do exactly the same things except Sherman Oaks Subaru included adding a can of fuel system cleaner to the gas tank. As near as I can tell, $149.00 for an oil change, can of fuel system cleaner, and a few "inspections" seems pricey. Is there something special about a Legacy that makes a 7500 mile service more difficult, therefore more expensive than most other cars? BTW, my Legacy is a non turbo.

I am going to be checking out Timmons subaru this friday, I will let you guys know how they are.

Yeah, I had some sloppy work done at Sherman Oaks Subaru (read my other posts) but they came through in the end. I was thinking Timmons might be a good alternative. Interested to hear what you think.

sherman oaks has been handling my warranty claim and so far things are looking murky. they through a bunch of parts at it which didn't fix the problem and then some subaru west coast dickhole came and tried to void my warranty because i had an exhaust; now i'm trying to fight it.

There are two service reps at Sherman Oaks, Peter and Kellen, I'd highly recommend the latter, Peter is a dumbass.

Everytime i pick my car up something is wrong though. the first time they broke my cv boot and this time they washed my wheels with something and damaged the powdercoat and there's a nick in my door. everything can be fixed but it's a hassle.

honestly I will never own another subaru under warranty again. this is my 4th subie and the only one that had a warranty. my friend's g35 had the tranny replaced with headers and a full exhaust still on the car, no questions.

FOR ALL SERVICE WORK....goto Yimisport.

Danny, I am dismayed to read about your experience and hopefully things will turn in your favor.

I do agree about Yimisport. Although they are not responsible for warranty work, etc., they do a great job when it comes to your car. I wonder if they do automatic transmission fluid flushes?

Went to Timmons subaru today. The place is nice, looks really clean. Smaller than SMS subaru, they share a service garage with VW. I brought my car in for the Fan relay recall, and they got it done the day of. The manager, Jose, was really busy but he answered all of my questions and made sure that everything was taken care of. The only problem with timmons subaru is that there aren't any real subie enthusiasts, so dont expect them to understand much about modding.

Come on up to Yimi Sport Tuning in Santa Clarita. While we are primarily a performance tuning shop we also do all routine maintenance and services at very competitive prices.

Only place where I take my car, from a minor oil change to a complete turbo swap. Plus the Paul's are great.

I hate timmons. They are the worst. Everytime I go there they find new ways to piss me off. I took my car in for the dash rattle problem and they tool me I would have to take off my coil overs for them to fix it!!! They are so full of crap. The last service manager was a dick. The new one is just dumb. I live down the street Timmons and I drive all the way to Fullerton to Renik Cadillac/ Subaru to get my car service. They are much better and are mod friendly.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 1 year later...
Sherman Oaks is bad. When they do oil changes they dont fill it up to the F. Twice!

+1. They had my car for couple of days for clutch-related work and I asked them to change oil, quick dipstick test at home revealed the level is halfway between E/F. I suspect they just forgot to change it at all as this is exactly how much oil I had before handing over the car to them, and the oil doesn't look all that clean. Just hoping now this was the only thing they forgot to do :(

Archived