lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Spec B/JDM LGT/Bilstein-style top hats are what's making it run higher in front than advertised. If the Teins are designed for use with USDM LGT/KYB-style top hats, then the result when paired with Bilsteins (and Spec B top hats) is a 5/8" to 3/4" higher front end than advertised. That's why Bilsteins should be paired with JDM style springs like Swifts or Pinks.

thanks this is good info

So would the solution be to change out the Tein front springs for Swifts?

What springs do I want to run on my 2005 gt? Here are some details I just bought 18*8.75 wheels with 245/40/18 tires, they rub slightly In the rear so I'm thinking I need to lower it and roll my fenders. The previous owner recently replaced the struts so I'm just looking to do my springs and a mild drop.

Thanks Ally

Im not getting coilover I had them on my last 2 subies ans hated them. And I guess my struts have recently been replaced.

If you want a slight drop, get Epic (rebranded Eibach Pro-Kit). They pair great with stock struts.

I would say rallitek. Nice even 1" drop. I'm running those with 18x8 no rubbing.

The rallitek springs are for a legacy? Im seeing a lot of peopke running WRX and STi springs but would that add more of a drop and do I need to change top hats? Sorry for all the questions.

I'm running those RalliTek springs on my Legacy GT wagon and they do a nice job of dropping the car down about an inch all around (on the stock struts); without the saggy butt syndrome also.

The issue I have now is I swapped the stock struts for Bilstein HD struts and now the front end sits up about an inch higher than with the stock strut / RalliTek springs combo.

just an FYI if you have Bilsteins installed or are thinking about them...

xxoo

Spit

If you want a slight drop, get Epic (rebranded Eibach Pro-Kit). They pair great with stock struts.

I've considered this option but haven't heard enough about Epic. I also have 2.5i Limited 2008. And I recall when Eibach use to make there springs back in 2006-2009 (give or take) for the Legacy...I was going to pull the trigger but they discontinued making the springs for the standard legacy. And only have them for the LGT :mad:

Are you running those EPICS on your 2.5i with stock struts? Pictures?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm running Swift Sport Springs on mine with some 18" Enkeis and 235/40/18 tires. Ride is firm but still very comfortable (we have different struts though so YMMV). The rubber strips on the rear wheel wells had to come off as the tires were rubbing on them, but otherwise all is good. Car sits very nicely.

quick question here. I am currently running Bilsteins hd with pinks that i got from a member on here. I like the drop from the side view but it seems that the front is much higher than i expected even with a lip on my car. And ideas or are there different front springs that would give more of a drop

quick question here. I am currently running Bilsteins hd with pinks that i got from a member on here. I like the drop from the side view but it seems that the front is much higher than i expected even with a lip on my car. And ideas or are there different front springs that would give more of a drop

Swifts, like pinks, are designed for use with Bilstein style front top hats, but are rated at 1.2" front drop/1" rear drop vs. .6" drop F/R for the pinks. Don't run a spring that's rated for the USDM KYB-style top hats (e.g., Epics, Eibach, Rallitek, Cobb, etc.) or your front will be 1/2" to 5/8" higher due to the Bilstein top hats.

So swapping out the pink front for swift front would prob give me the drop im looking for. Where do i get swifts from, havent seen any sites that sell them. And is there a specfic part number on them or are all front swifts the same

So swapping out the pink front for swift front would prob give me the drop im looking for. Where do i get swifts from, havent seen any sites that sell them. And is there a specfic part number on them or are all front swifts the same

There are are 05-09 LGT sedan and LGT wagon Swifts. I believe the only difference is in the length of the rear springs. Google for vendors. I came up with quite a few vendors on e-Bay.

• 2 weeks later...
Swifts, like pinks, are designed for use with Bilstein style front top hats, but are rated at 1.2" front drop/1" rear drop vs. .6" drop F/R for the pinks. Don't run a spring that's rated for the USDM KYB-style top hats (e.g., Epics, Eibach, Rallitek, Cobb, etc.) or your front will be 1/2" to 5/8" higher due to the Bilstein top hats.

Can't you use USDM top hats on Bilstein HDs in the front to fix that issue?

• 2 weeks later...