LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

wonder if he really came from nasioc.... jk. I say go for it man. Its your car, and Im sure there are some buick forums that will be able to help you out on this adventure. might want to check with sl-i.net and legacycentral.org , search for "H6 swap" on those. some kids there took their 2.2's-2.5's for the H63.3 (svx) and the newer/older H63.0 (outbacks). thought about doing something like this with an older (91) legacy wagon. I wanted to put an inline 4 cummins'. after looking at the info on parts etc I came to realize something about subarus... they are awd with a boxer. the suspension, engine mounts, physical structure/stability of the car is designed for the origional engine. primarily with the suspension. it is not out of the realm of posability, they did make an LS1 powered Legacy GT. RWD of course. I googles it.

Just curious why you would do a 4bt?

Really wouldnt think it to be very benficial.

Depending ofcourse on your direction for the build

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! This will be awesome. My dream car is a 87 Buick Grand National and I love the 4th gen Legacy. Two thumbs up. Please please please blow the doors off of every Corvette (and all other cars/trucks) you see. Fun build.

If you knew David Spade drove one....is it still as appealing...:lol::lol::lol:. Just caught TMZ tonight...and apparently he does. I don't even think it was the the full GSX, just a regular GN.

Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

• 2 weeks later...

Frank_ster do you know roughly what whp you are making now? Trans still holds the power once engaged, no problems?

I started posting in the thread you started on the MegaShift forums, and it's now looking 100% doable with 5 shift solenoids, PWM everything, and 1 output to dump MAP during shifts, with NO changes required to the latest edition of code. If you aren't going to use your Megashift controller, I'll buy it off you :D

Center Diff control would be completely inactive, but there is an easy solution for that. But you won't need it since you will be RWD/AWD.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

so i just did a big reply in the megashift forums, i do not get email reminders froum that forum i would imagine there would be a setting for that? since thats what there product is based on ! lol

anyways. yes center diffrential settings no biggie can also create a simple circuit using prototype board to have it map based only. or what ever is nessasary.

for work we have a general pourpose i/o card also ! we just made it and it works with the "rabbit card" processor basically a plc control and one of these could simply be a megasquirt and gripo in one shot. it has like 25 inputs and 25 out puts. i jsut need to learn c programming witch is nessasary for me for work anyways.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Where is this megasquirt forum? When I went to megasquirt.com....well let's just say I had to do a bit of explaining when my wife walked by...

hahahahahahahahah .:lol: by any chance did you try searching for tranny while on that site ?

www.msefi.com

www.megamanual.com

and the megashift stuff and the thread i started is here

http://www.msgpio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=133&p=1523#p1523

Edited by frank_ster

Seabass, I check it once a day by googling "megashift 5eat". It is the first and/or second link. Be nice to Lance. He is doing all the coding and support on it for free, and is yet to say "no" about anything.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

There is a link on the bottom of the page to subscribe to the topic.

Was i not nice about some thing ? please tell me if i am being rude i don't mean to be.

right now i'm gonna go check out megasquirtdotcom :D

Where is this megasquirt forum? When I went to megasquirt.com....well let's just say I had to do a bit of explaining when my wife walked by...

^ Best post of the year so far! :lol::lol::lol: FTMFW!!!! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Mega Users
hahahahahahahahah .:lol: by any chance did you try searching for tranny while on that site ?

www.msefi.com

www.megamanual.com

and the megashift stuff and the thread i started is here

http://www.msgpio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=133&p=1523#p1523

Thanks! It's going to take a little while to digest all of this new info! Looks like I'm going to need to brush up on my mostly lost programming skills for this one. I'm thinking this may be a nice alternative to building up the transmission.

• Mega Users
Seabass, I check it once a day by googling "megashift 5eat". It is the first and/or second link. Be nice to Lance. He is doing all the coding and support on it for free, and is yet to say "no" about anything.

Lance is insanely generous! I don't know how he can manage so much and still be so willing to answer every question in excruciating detail!

• 1 month later...

so its a daily driver.. tweaking the fuel and timming tables geting it running pretty much like stock.

city i'm getting like 12 mpg short trips lots of idle time and pulling a trailer.

even pulling the trailer i still kill people from stops lights :D

IMG_0393.thumb.jpg.705453ead952699e30d092f89e9b6edd.jpg

IMG_0385.thumb.jpg.a6899497831bc2874ee83f6b3bc1eac9.jpg

awesome!

how far away is the finished trans/engine tune?

saw a buick show on hot rod tv with a "crazy" gn swapped cts and thought of you

/gay

NEVER ! there is always things to play with try and learn.. :wub: