LegacyGT.com

Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Drakuun

Alright..

I was all ready to jet into the tire shop and pick up a set of Proxy 4's but after reading Jedi's Low temp mishap (I live in Michigan and winter is a comming) I'm not so sure any more. I don't want nor can afford dedicated winters tires.. I just want a reliable all season tire that performs well in cold conditions...

I know this topic has been beat to death and back.. all I want are options...opinions..

Arghhhhh!!!!!!

Well the Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S would be my suggestion! I've been on them for over 10k, and love them! I know a few others have had them in the winter, and I haven't heard any of them complain, except for minor flat spotting.

I got me some Road Huggers, From discount tire, There all season tires there great in the snow, and rain. They cost me about $300 and haven't had a problem since I had these Dunlop tires, when I bought my car a few years agowhich might I add get burned through in a matter of months of driving with a little aggression.

nokian wr's from the deal thread i posted.. prob cost around 600 shipped but WELL WORTH IT

i can barely get this things to step out in a downpour :(

sorta sucks no more sideways fun... well not as much anyways.. but when it happens omfg is it controlable..

anyways i will be posting a review up soon

Alright..

I was all ready to jet into the tire shop and pick up a set of Proxy 4's but after reading Jedi's Low temp mishap (I live in Michigan and winter is a comming) I'm not so sure any more. I don't want nor can afford dedicated winters tires.. I just want a reliable all season tire that performs well in cold conditions...

I know this topic has been beat to death and back.. all I want are options...opinions..

Arghhhhh!!!!!!

These are great in the snow...

NOKIAN HAKKAPELIITTA RSi

Well... Crunch time came and went and now that its all said and done, a nice new set of BFGoodrich Traction T/A's are now wrapped around my wheels.

Why that choice??

Out of the Three tires I was looking at (Bridgestone/Goodyear/BFG) They seemed to have the most solid sidewall and more rigid construction. Every vehicle I've owned at some point had a set of BFG's so I'm familiar with their tires, and their performance and was happy to give them the nod again. Hopefully my tires came from a good lot, and I'll get plently of use from them.

Performance difference.

Comming from someone who actually found the RE92's nice so far as a tire goes, handling wise, the difference is still easy to see. The BFG's dont float as much during long steady corners, body roll seems to be lesser and the car sits more square in the corner. On Hard cornering / tight corners, the turn in is much smoother, and very strong, no chirping or squeals, and it feels as even when I think I'm pushing them, like there is more there to be had.

I have yet to get them wet, or use them in snow, but I'll get plently of chance at that as winter is fast approaching.

I checked reviews on tirerack and most were favorable, citing QC issues on early lots. (common issue's with most tires) and even happened to find a review from someone with a 2003 L-SE who lives in my state and gave them a glowing review.

Well.. thats my tire buying saga come to a close. I'll bump when I get some wet/snow performance to comment on.

Thanks everyone for the help / suggestions / opinions.

uh, just check your tire pressures often?

Yes? :) yeah I keep my eyes on them.

I did get to test them in moderate to light rain today.

I honestly couldn't tell much difference from dry..

There were small pockets of standing water on the road..but I couldn't feel any real compromise in handling aside from the natural bogging that occurs when going through a puddle.. but it never skated through the water.

I'm sure I'll get some snow time before Thanksgiving..it always snows at least once up here before then. :)

Archived