LegacyGT.com

What hose is this?

I don't think it's a common issue. I'm replacing all the coolant hoses on my car as PM when I do the timing belt. That's the only reason I have the hose, along with a bag full of all the other hoses.

I believe the price was around $7.

I don't think so. The car has 105K on it. I'm going to be running a 1.3 bar cap on it on a track so I would like to know that the hoses are in good shape.

At the same time I'm doing the timing belt, I'm doing the water pump and radiator. So, as long as I'm in there, I might as well do all the hoses and rebuild the cooling system. I probably won't replace all the other upper hoses until I replace the turbo, but I figured I might as well get them now. All the hoses for the car are about $100 so it's not like I have a lot into it.

I don't think so. The car has 105K on it. I'm going to be running a 1.3 bar cap on it on a track so I would like to know that the hoses are in good shape.

At the same time I'm doing the timing belt, I'm doing the water pump and radiator. So, as long as I'm in there, I might as well do all the hoses and rebuild the cooling system. I probably won't replace all the other upper hoses until I replace the turbo, but I figured I might as well get them now. All the hoses for the car are about $100 so it's not like I have a lot into it.

get a wrx rad !! twice as thick !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Unless you spilled oil on your intercooler end tank, it looks to me like there is a bit of oil residue on the endtank, possibly indicating a crack/leak (the oil is normal and is probably just from your crank breather, but when it starts seeping out places its generally a bad sign)

• 2 years later...

I'm late to the party (by 3 years). I just had to order this same hose. It is leaking, and it appears to be caused by a loose clamp, but putting a second screw clamp and cranking hard on it did not stop the leak.

I had to go to the dealer with a photo of the hose since the vacation pictures for the 2005 Legacy GT LTD shows the wrong engine for the coolant system (does not show the upper tank or this hose).

Should arrive in a few days.

keywords so people searching can find this:

turbo radiator hose water hose radiator fluid leak

The replacement radiator hose arrived yesterday, so I replaced the hose today. I now understand why cranking the clamp tighter did not help, there was all kinds of crud between the hose and the metal pipe it is clamped to (see attached picture). I cleaned it with a wire brush, but I still had to use a screwdriver to knock some bits of crud off the fitting.

I cut the hose in two length wise (see attached picture). It seems the cause of the problem was that the rubber deteriorated where it contacted the metal fitting. (all of the rest of the rubber looks ok).

942230380_hosefittingcropped.thumb.JPG.f619c6a69ba4d820de686648cff4335a.JPG

1445209393_InternalHosecropped.thumb.JPG.631410b1d4e349d4dbd26c7fef4c7641.JPG

Archived