LegacyGT.com

Advance Auto Parts....Funny!

So guys figured you might get a kick out of this ... Mods if u have to move the go ahead.

So the cel came on on my buddies S4 ... Took it to go get scanned and thats when it got funny...

Code P1113 / Air/Fuel related

1. We were told to clean the O2 sensors with carb cleaner ... Really WTF.

2. Was told that there is air in the fuel... that took the cake.

3. If they clear the code it can mess up the fuel system

4. Also, that the key cannot be in the ignition (off position) before even plugging in the scan tool.

Just thought I would share.

So guys figured you might get a kick out of this ... Mods if u have to move the go ahead.

So the cel came on on my buddies S4 ... Took it to go get scanned and thats when it got funny...

Code P1113 / Air/Fuel related

1. We were told to clean the O2 sensors with carb cleaner ... Really WTF.

2. Was told that there is air in the fuel... that took the cake.

3. If they clear the code it can mess up the fuel system

4. Also, that the key cannot be in the ignition (off position) before even plugging in the scan tool.

Just thought I would share.

Wow... I can assure you that doesn't reflect every Advance Auto.

1. So what's your point? It works.

2. Maybe not air but there is oxygen in fuel.

3. It's probably a liability for them to clear codes for every dumbass that goes in there with a CEL.

4. So?

1. Doesn't work it the sensor is electrically failed

2. Yes...we all know there is O2 in fuel...but AIR in fuel being the cause of a cel ... come on.

3. Liability understood...but that has nothing to do with a remark of ''clearing the code can mess up your fuel system''

4. Just another dumb comment they made that is not true.

anything else?

yikes.

you don't get it.

Not quite sure what he doesn't get. I wouldn't tolerate such misinformation at my Advance. Even if a statement is *functionally* true, it can still mislead a customer if it isn't *factually* true.

With the code starting with a P1, it is immediately a Manufacturer code. To get any more detailed info, you have to have a higher end scanner that can store manufacturer codes, rather than the generic all-in-ones. The employee should have informed the customer of this and directed him to the nearest dealership or shop with a better codescanner (PegiSys, NemiSys, etc).

Unfortunately, the employee is probably of the type that won't say "I don't know" and will just make up information to cover their lack. That type of response doesn't help anyone and makes the store look bad.

I've heard funnier things from actual subaru dealers, specifically the parts department. If you don't have your vin # when you approach the counter all bets are off! They are button pushers, atleast most of them.

Well a friend of mine is a badass parts dude for Subaru and the way the computers are set up he can't look for parts without a VIN.

Now things like oil filters and basic parts he can get you without a vin but anything big then yes vin is needed.

hmmm, interesting. When I said I needed an intake manifold gasket for an 08 legacy gt he then asked if it was a turbo (with an attitude) and he said it was sohc and I said, no, DOHC. I mean, c'mon......I finally went back to the car to get the registration because clearly he was trying too hard to know anything about subarus.

Archived