LegacyGT.com

Fitment Help/Opinion

Hey everyone,

just looking for some feedback...i have been searching and searching with no conclusion. Looking to run this possible set up and need to know if a good idea and if a lot of work would be involved.

18x8.5 +35 .... debating 215/40/18 or 225/40/18

Suspension would be Eibach Pro Kit on Koni Yellows.

Thanks in advance.

ps. i did have this posted in the wheel section but got no help :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
My winter setup is 215 on an 18X8, and the tires are pretty stretched. I personally wouldn't do that with 8.5. I'd step up to 235 for 8.5. I've got 235 on 18X8 for summer, and they fit perfect, and should be very good on a touch wider wheel. I can't comment on how they would fit with the suspension since I'm not lowered.

My winter setup is 215 on an 18X8, and the tires are pretty stretched. I personally wouldn't do that with 8.5. I'd step up to 235 for 8.5. I've got 235 on 18X8 for summer, and they fit perfect, and should be very good on a touch wider wheel. I can't comment on how they would fit with the suspension since I'm not lowered.

thanks for the input.....if 215's are stretched that much on you 18x8's then your right i may need to reconsidered...lol!

I dont know about a 35 offset. Stock is something like 45 or 48, those 35's are going to stick out past the fender lip. Better research that better.

stock is 55

and 215 on an 8 is not THAT stretched, only a mild stretch

205 on an 8 is

I've got a 45 offset and with a 1 inch drop on 18x8, I had rubbing to the point where a fender roll was required. So you'll have to do quite a bit of work (roll and pull) to run a 35 offset.

Tire-wise I've got a 225 on my 8in. wide and they aren't stretched much at all, so 225 would probably be a solid choice on an 8.5.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. This is my first post so i apologize if i'm doing this wrong.

I have a 06 legacy gt.

the wheels that i want come in 17x8 or 18x8.5.

The tires that i really want only come in either 255/45/17 for the 17 inch wheels or 235/50/18.

Would either sizes work on my car with the stock height?

Also i will be getting coilovers sooner or later, will these size wheels/tires work lowering it about an inch or two?

Also, I am new to forums, how do i see if people replied to my post? do i just book mark the thread and see or does the replies get sent to an email box?

Sorry i'm bad at computers and technology. Thanks to whoever can help me out.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

255 will be really wide on an 8" wheel for the 17s. And 235/50 might have too tall of a sidewall if you go for a drop on coils or springs for the 18s. I'm assuming you're trying to avoid having to do fender work.

It's cool; I'm with the band

ya i'd like to leave the body alone for now. It is a newer car. What tire would you recommend for either size wheel?

I used to have gsd3 tires but they discontinued the 225/45/17.

I had dunlop starspecs on my other car, and they were horrible.

Everyone keeps telling me that i'm dumb for wanting the gsd3s, but unless i got a bad batch of tires from dunlop....

I'm not going to be doing anything crazy with my car so I want a tire similar to the goodyear gsd3s.. a friend told me about yokahama a086, or something like that.

Any input would be really helpful thanks again.

Archived