LegacyGT.com

help me save my legacy

Drop a Rex motor in. You'll be happy.. save the time an money.

Where are savings?

New wiring harness, crossmember changes, different exhaust set up, working out the CEL's.

And the time to do all this.

Please speak more in line with reality.

O.

i guess it depends on the situation..

getting a wrecked wrx for 2-3 grand is common here,

along par with what some shops are charging for HGs after all is done!

so in that case, a DIY swap with having everything there from a donor car would end up being cheaper.. although maybe not so much faster

Ok thanks to all for the help! I ended up getting a gasket set head bolts thermostat water pump spark plugs and wires and I'll be checking my oil pump and separator as I go. Is there any problem with using iridium versus double platinum which is the oe?

i have a 1997 subaru legacy gt 2.5l and i recently blew both head gaskets. my question is there an aftermarket rebuild kit or wht is the bet rebuild kit? also what else should i replace? it has 270,000 miles.

I got the felpro head gasket set with MLS head gaskets for $150 from advance ($200 plus a coupon code). Also, if you can afford it, replace the head bolts. Some people say yo don't have to, but it's probably more safe to do so.

Since you're using MLS gaskets and not factory composite gaskets, use the torque specs from the provider, not from Subaru. I happen to have felpro's on hand atm: http://www.felpro-only.com/tec_notes/Fel-Pro_Torque-Guide.pdf

Since you're using MLS gaskets and not factory composite gaskets, use the torque specs from the provider, not from Subaru. I happen to have felpro's on hand atm: http://www.felpro-only.com/tec_notes/Fel-Pro_Torque-Guide.pdf

Those ARE Subaru torque specs.

Although some will never change, Subaru themselves do not change head bolts on a head job.Just a waste of money unless you are BUILDING an engine, in whch case you'll probably be using ARP.

O.

Archived