LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome...please keep me updated. I did update the first page to have dates. I hope that helps.

Yes, working on having more header stock for the EZ36 in a couple of months!

Now that I have my boomba TB in and Rob has started tuning, the header will be the next step.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I contacted Raptor today in regards to purchasing a header and was told that they had one ready to ship! Invoice received and paid.

What a deal! I couldn't believe how affordable it was! I was expecting $600-800 range. Total (shipped) was $504AUD. So $394USD. Shipping is estimated at 6 days.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I was gonna wait a few months before contacting as was instructed.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Yes, working on having more header stock for the EZ36 in a couple of months!

So...are there any more? And if so, can I haz?

Wonder if you got the one Tim told me about in the Netherlands. I emailed him so I could be put on the waiting list since I figured they were a few months out but I guess that one was there and I couldn't purchase it yet because of the wedding....so yeah. :-(

What a deal! I couldn't believe how affordable it was! I was expecting $600-800 range. Total (shipped) was $504AUD. So $394USD. Shipping is estimated at 6 days.

The US exchange rate is getting more and more favorable every day for buying raptor headers. I think it was in the 400s when I bought mine.

Yep, its all going your way, the AUD currency weakened further yesterday

This is a major pain. Lucky im local to you and just waiting on moving before i pull the trigger on the headers.

PS. Hi all, im a new guy and this is my first Subaru

attached my daily's

rsz_1img_20150304_175654.jpg.edc8e63312d3f31969359e34170154f9.jpg

2147350809_rsz_img_20150308_1704522.jpg.e0272adc1cc1cd670d69eb564a59afac.jpg

Ive got my basic set of mods planned out. the only things im not sure on are tuning and does anyone one know if there is a way to modify the behavior of the cvt?

I want to remove the auto upshift when in manual mode (MANUAL MODE DAMN IT) and also get 100% throttle when i take off from stationary.

Josh

Ive got my basic set of mods planned out. the only things im not sure on are tuning and does anyone one know if there is a way to modify the behavior of the cvt?

I want to remove the auto upshift when in manual mode (MANUAL MODE DAMN IT) and also get 100% throttle when i take off from stationary.

Josh

Don't we all.

Has someone on this thread tuned a 2015 WRX with the CVT yet? The CVT is supposed to be very similar minus the sport sharp mode and would give a good idea of the capability and durability of the 3.6R's CVT and what you could truly do to it.

Edit: I thought I saw a CVT WRX on Perscitus's youtube page but didn't want to incorrectly namedrop

Edited by Golferdude1087
Confirmation

Has someone on this thread tuned a 2015 WRX with the CVT yet? The CVT is supposed to be very similar minus the sport sharp mode and would give a good idea of the capability and durability of the 3.6R's CVT and what you could truly do to it.
Yup. My brother's was tuned by AMR using Ecutek. Its at Stage 1+, putting out ~ 340-360ft-lbf at the crank. Going Stage 2 in a month or so.

Thus far there are a couple 2015 WRX CVTs at Stage 2 and even burning E30, E50 or E85 blends over at NASIOC and their FB group. A mix of Ecutek and COBB tunes.

The transmission seems to be able to handle a decent bump in torque output even above JDM spec (295ft-lbf).

What's the 'boom' threshold, no one knows yet.... including FHI/SoJ/SoA... maybe Jatco does :)

I think what helps it transmit such relatively high torque is the inclusion of a mini TC between the crank and the titanium chain on the CVT cogs.

Edited by Perscitus