LegacyGT.com

Tahoe SNOWBOARD/SKI thread

super.duper.BL6

So who else out here in NorCal is an active boarder/skier who frequents the Tahoe resorts?

I just logged days 1 and 2 over the holiday break, riding at Alpine Meadows and Northstar. Finally got my snow legs back underneath me :lol:

Anyone else besides me stoked about supposed 'epic' storm thats gonna hit tonight through Sunday, predicted to dump 5-8 feet of snow???

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i plan on leaving tommorow morning (Friday 5 AM) to my cabin in north tahoe.......am I making a mistake?

Things I am bringing:

Ice Scraper/Brush

Winshield Fluid that won't freeze

No chains?

Anything else I am missing?

Never owned a AWD before and first time taking it to tahoe.

So who else out here in NorCal is an active boarder/skier who frequents the Tahoe resorts?

I just logged days 1 and 2 over the holiday break, riding at Alpine Meadows and Northstar. Finally got my snow legs back underneath me :lol:

Anyone else besides me stoked about supposed 'epic' storm thats gonna hit tonight through Sunday, predicted to dump 5-8 feet of snow???

My wife and I just made it back from the Tahoe area (Tahoma) no more than two hours ago. The storms are reported to produce about 10ft up there. Too bad we had to come home.

I'm not an a skier or boarder, just a guy that likes to chill at the bar in the lodge. While she was at Homewood and Alpine Meadows, I was drinking me some beer.

i plan on leaving tommorow morning (Friday 5 AM) to my cabin in north tahoe.......am I making a mistake?

Things I am bringing:

Ice Scraper/Brush

No chains?

Vsick, the earlier you leave the better. Travel is not recommended on Friday, possible white out and blizzard conditions are predicted. If caltrans can't upkeep the roads faster than the storm dumps, they close the roads.

Be sure to pack some type of shovel, u might need to dig your car out after the dump!

Things I am bringing:

Ice Scraper/Brush

No chains?

You're a brave man. I just saw the news and the weatherman said that between 5am and noon is when the storm is at its strongest. Remember to bring some water and blankets in case you get stuck. You might want to watch some Survivorman before you leave.

Things I am bringing:

Ice Scraper/Brush

No chains?

Stock tires? Stay home :lol:

Heading up to heavenly (I think) next saturday. The GF planned some trip with her friends that I get to go to now, even though I wanted to have a camping/shooting trip out to el dorado national forest with some coworkers.

Oh well. Headups, but I'll be the stock white 2.5i wagon with tinted windows and the following stickers:

bikerfriendly

530riders

nra

got sig

Bump. Did anyone make it up to the mountians this weekend?

It doesn't seem like we have much Tahoe representation in the LGT community. That just seems weird to me...

One of my coworkers is an avid off-roader. He went up last weekend in his toyota 4x4 and told me he saw a lot of subbies up there this weekend. Guess it doesn't mean lgt, but hey, subie is subie.

I'm still pissed off I have to go to heavenly. I think lift tickets there are a rip and although I enjoy driving 50, I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of people in the way of fun driving. That, and cabelas is on 80 :(

Bump. Did anyone make it up to the mountians this weekend?

It doesn't seem like we have much Tahoe representation in the LGT community. That just seems weird to me...

It seems I see many Outbacks when I'm up there.

Last time I saw at least one LGT. One even in the resort lot.

I'm going to go for a boarding sneak attack soon. Weekdays up there rule.

Archived