LegacyGT.com

Went Stage 2 today!!

keithk831

Spent all day going Stage 2 on two LGTs. Mine and my friend's 2005 LGT 5eat. Running a Cobb Stg2 tune. It's still adjusting and I haven't driven it a whole lot today, but it seems like there's a LOT more low-end torque and better throttle response. Have a connection at a performance shop in Orem and we were able to use their lift.

Only thing I keep worrying about is blowing the intercooler tabs. But I doubt i'm reaching my target boost since i'm running just a gutted downpipe with a stock catback (with hogzaust, but i'm going to take that back to stock on Monday. It's kinda loud now).

Note- we did STi uppipes and gutted upper downpipes.

Yeah I got myself in big trouble being Stage 2 when my Legacy was my daily. I've learned to be happy with my NA Outback; but I did install a header and catless mid-pipe so it at least can blast through traffic and up the canyon no problem. :) I plan on buying an Outback XT down the road and making it Stage 2... That would be the perfect daily driver!

Well yes, "bottom-end stage 2", but still stage 2 :p

I don't think i'll go much farther than this, though. It's plenty fast for mostly city driving.

I'm glad you have control and a stopping point. I said the same thing when I had stage2 w/ FMIC make 270whp on pump gas. Now I have a 370whp e85 burning station wagon. I really think I'm done now.;)

You should maybe look into supension upgrade. Power is nothing without control. As always check the site and ask questions before you buy anything. First, tip don't waste your money on aftermarket endlink. They don't improve anything and they don't last as long as stock endlinks. Even if you lower you car you don't need them.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Well yes, "bottom-end stage 2", but still stage 2 :p

I don't think i'll go much farther than this, though. It's plenty fast for mostly city driving.

Same here including the IC. Love the added performance and think it's perfect for DD activities.

I also went with Bilstein JDM spec revC with Tein H-tech's and 3/8 SB spacers then front Brembos. Car now stops and handles like a dream.

Have fun, enjoy the ride!

up grade the endlinks! not buying the endlinks with upgrading the swaybars is like putting a new set of rims on your car and not using any lugnuts. if your going to do suspension mods do it right even if you have to pay more for parts that are little.

Stage 2 is great for a dd and fun in the canyons.

^^^ Def. do the endlinks. The little OEM ones WILL break with aftermarket sways.

Do you have other suspension? I have whiteline adjustable F&R, Cusco F&R Lower control arm braces, AVO RSB Brace, KW v.2 coil overs and my stock links. 5yrs later they are still fine and no clunck. Keefe auto X with stock links for years. Why not wait till your endlinks go bad then upgrade? Just a thought Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Agreed, contrary to popular opinion the stock rear sway mounting brackets have a greater chance of failing then the endlinks.

I have AVO rear sway mounts, a JDM rsb, JDM GT Bilstein struts and swift springs, the stock endlinks are fine at 98k miles. Going stg2 here very soon, and looking forward to the increased power!

DP and tune is all that is required.

My spec B has a DP, tune, and TMIC. I did the intercooler just to be safe since the stock ones sometimes split with the higher boost.

Turns out my friend does have a lift so I maybe able to do the Z headers on the lift next weekend.

I used the intake @ stage 1 with no problems either. I know that's what they say. LOL Gotto bend the rules a bit though. I was skeptical because that's what Cobb say's but went for it anyway. Car runs great. I am going for a tune in the spring though to get the most out of it. We have a few things to install before I go. :)

Archived