LegacyGT.com

Clutch Salve Cylinder Repair

zisforzachary

Does ~$450 sound high for this to be replaced? I was driving around yesterday and then within 30 minutes my clutch went from soft to non-existent. Got it towed into Smart Service and that is approximately what they quoted me at. Seems high

I'm wondering how they reached that figure. MSRP on an oem subaru clutch slave cylinder is $57.52, assuming they even will use an OEM part. If they bleed and replace the fluid, figure $5-10 for the fluid. So basically 4 hours of labor at $100/hr? I think that's what shops around here charge per hour, somewhere around $100. Unless there is something else going on with the car, I agree that sounds high to me too.

Sounds high to me too.

That have to remove the tmic to get to the part, but that just a 10 minute job if you know what your doing.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max makes a good point. I forgot that on the turbos, the slave cylinder might be harder to get to. I was thinking of my NA engine where it's very easy to access.

Archived