ACL Race bearings

99.5mm CP pistons

Manley rods

11mm STI oil pump, shimmed

KillerB oil pickup

KillerB windage tray

ARP Head Studs

OEM Gaskets

ATP GTX 3076R (now with .82A/R T31 turbine housing)

ID2000 Injectors

Aeromotive 340 in-tank feed pump (hardwired)

Radium Engineering fuel surge tank with dual DW300's

-6AN PTFE fuel lines

Aeroquip fittings

Magna Fuel adjustable FPR

Agency Power fuel rails and lines

Tomei EL Headers

Turbosmart Hyper-Gate 45 external waste gate

Tomei 252 cams

Supertech standard sized valves: Inconel exhaust; standard intake

Race port and polished heads

Tune for E85

Cobb Speed Density

Modified 2.5i NA aluminum intake manifold

AEM 5-bar MAP sensor

AEM IAT sensor

Synapse Synchronic BOV

AVO FMIC

DIY TGV deletes

Grimmspeed 8mm phenolic spacers

GroupN motor mounts, pitch stop, and trans mount

ACT unsprung 6-puck clutch pn: sb10-hdr6

Ultimate Racing rotated exhaust and intake piping

Perrin mid/y & Prodrive mufflers

Mishimoto radiator

Suspension/Handling Mods:

STI helical front LSD

Cobb front & rear sway bars

AST 4100 coilovers

Whiteline front LCA bushings

Whiteline rear diff busing inserts

TiC holy shift kit

TiC transmission crossmember bushings

StopTech BBK 328x28 4-pot front, 328x28 2-pot rear

ProjectMu lines

:spin::spin::spin::spin:

Big shout out and THANK YOU to Six Star Motorsports in Schaumburg, IL for getting this beast put together and running properly.

Edited by Strizzy

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parts have been ordered and I'm looking at about 2 weeks for the built block to ready for install.

I opted out of getting headers for now and am going with a newly developed 20g which gets its own housing, rather than being stuffed into a vf40. I will be the second person to have it, but first to run it on E85. They are estimating just right around 400whp with this turbo on stock headers :eek:.

Overall, I am actually under the cost I was expecting to spend on this little build. Now, I'm just trying to talk myself out of getting cams... :spin:

Not sure what I'll be running for boost; that will be for my tuner to figure out, as it will be his E85 tune with this turbo. I think he is more excited about tuning it for E85 than I am to get this project completed. He was literally jumping up and down. He tuned the new 18g (same company as the 20g I'm getting) that put down around 340whp on pump gas at I think 18psi (or it could have been 20).

No ewg for me, as this will be my DD and don't want to go too crazy with it. At the most, I'll do headers within the year. But who knows, maybe I will eventually do an ewg plumbed back into the DP (I don't want to be a loud attention whore).

GT35R: maybe if I went front mount and went with a stroker (which I really wanted to do, but the cost just wasn't justifiable).

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I dropped the car off to my builder today, as all parts are in and the motor is scheduled to be back from the machine shop tomorrow morning. Tear down will start tomorrow along with the shortblock being assembled. Everything is expected to be mostly installed by the end of this week. Then next week it gets its initial break-in on the dyno. After that, I will be taking it a bit easy with just a base map, then going balls out on an E85 tune.

I'm still debating on getting headers. My tuner is saying I am looking at about more 50-60 tq with headers running E. But I'm not liking the price of the ones I like. If I go with the headers, I will be selling my DAMD steering wheel I have on order from the group buy.

Pics will be added if I find time to drop by the shop during the install.

With the internals you are putting in, your power goals are going to be easy. I'm on a 100% stock longblock and stock "headers" and crossover, and have been making 400+ with e85 for a couple of years. Currently using a gt30 and 816cc injectors. With my daily driver. :)

I'd consider something a bit more in the turbo department - the 1000c injectors are going to have considerable headroom, and with more airflow you could be making 425-450 with that setup. Easily...

If your budget allows, bolt up an aftermarket header. If you go after more power, I'd go with a FMIC.

$0.02 worth.

• 3 weeks later...

td06

And I just noticed the numbers for the tdo6 and td05 are the same on their site, which is incorrect. If you look at the td06-20g numbers for the 02-07 WRX, they have the same specs as the LGT fitment td06-20g.

Edited by Strizzy

Hey strizzy, my build plan is looking more and more like yours

FP 20g TD 06

Witchhunter 840cc injectors

Walbro 255 FP

RacerX FMIC

AEM Intake

ACT XT SS STI Clutch

ACT Streetline STI LWFW

06 STI Helical Front diff

Looking forward to seeing your results!

Hey strizzy, my build plan is looking more and more like yours

FP 20g TD 06

Witchhunter 840cc injectors

Walbro 255 FP

RacerX FMIC

AEM Intake

ACT XT SS STI Clutch

ACT Streetline STI LWFW

06 STI Helical Front diff

Looking forward to seeing your results!

Very nice. I can't wait for the results myself. I will eventually go FMIC, but I want to see what the Perrin TMIC can handle. Then I'm thinking about a CO2 IC sprayer.

And I think you're really going to like that LSD.

Also, what size if the AEM intake? I just picked up a 73mm kstech, and my builder is saying I might be maxing it out once everything is dialed in.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update...

I stopped at the shop today to drop some stuff off and to take a look at the build.

I changed my mind on waiting for a new EJ257 shortblock (which was taking a very long time) and went ahead with just having my block machined and rebuilt instead.

Inspecting the pistons in person shows that I had a pretty bad oil consumption issue, as you can sorta see from my shotty cell phone pic.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/strizzy123/Mobile%20uploads/IMAG0152.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/strizzy123/Mobile%20uploads/IMAG0150.jpg

My next dilemma is cams... Should I or shouldn't I? I'm about 50.9% sure I want them. I just don't see/read about many people running them, since the install is a PITA and cost a lot in labor. My labor cost will be minimal/none since my head are already off the block.

The way everything looks right now, I should be back in the drivers' seat by the end of next week. Then again, everything is always next week...

Update edit: New EJ257 block was unexpectedly delivered after a long backorder. It is the new part number block with the nitrated crank and slightly bigger rods.

Edited by Strizzy