LegacyGT.com

Deleting harmless posts is GAY!

mitsumodder

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that not changing your oil every 3k is bad for your car cause filters only last 3k.

that legacy gt's bottom ends are not able to support crazy HP and boost #'s.

that i have seen a perticular car getting the crap beat out of it regularly, and that the owner was not babying it.

that not changing your oil every 3k is bad for your car cause filters only last 3k.

that legacy gt's bottom ends are not able to support crazy HP and boost #'s.

that i have seen a perticular car getting the crap beat out of it regularly, and that the owner was not babying it.

wow....that's ignorant. filters - 3k miles? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: you must work at Jiffy Lube.

Oh my God:eek: :spin::eek::spin::eek: I'm screwed!!! I've been changing my oil and filter every 5k! catastrophic failure is near:lol:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

all i have to say is i work at a subaru dealership, i am a certified subaru technician, and i have seen proof time after time. so you go and push your luck.

so my question is: does this apply to all makes and models? 'cause my wife changed the oil in her TDI every 5k for 112k miles with no problem and she's been instructed to do the same on her new honda.

And does this mean that you are the only subaru tech that does this? 'cause when I used the local crappy suby dealer they told me to change my oil every 5k. So I guess SOA will have a real problem on their hands huh??

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

my comment only applies to 2005-2007 legacy gt's

:lol:

:confused: :confused: ok, your are killing me. now you need to start backing up your claims. I don't care what you've seen. Need some hard proof.

ha.

mitsumodder is talking about me guys. must be someone that has a personal hate for me.

You work at Yark?

FYI I just spent most of yesterday on the dyno making sure the car was running safe and the tune is good. And it is. We tuned it very conservatively. All fluids were checked as they ALWAYS are.

If you work for Subaru you are giving your dealer a bad rep.... guess they don't interview before they hire. Get a life.... you blabbing on this forum bringing other people down just shows you have none. FYI most people on here know me, most respect me, and your fighting a war that will never be won. Give it up.

wait which comment, the one about not being able to hold power, or about the oil changes? :lol:

think it was to the oil changes, I stated my wifes TDI had its oil changed every 5k and the new honda they said the same

Wait, what?

this guy jumped in my For Sale thread and told everyone not to buy my car!!!! then he made the same claims that he is making here. then he claims I beat the car up on Reynolds Rd (a street in town that is generally full of cars). I have toyed around on that road before with cars, but nothing hard. its a straight road for heaven's sake.

After doing a search I am pretty sure I know who you are.

I have met you once at Jeds, you have the black 92 GSX. And yes you work with John at Yark. You dyno at the same place I do.... Pure. In fact John was at Pure with me saturday. He saw the tuning results. I have pics of your car on my computer.

I had nothing but nice stuff to say about your car when I met you. What do you have against me? Are you telling me all the Subarus at that Jed's meet are all doomed for bottom-end failure? Because most of them have more done to their car than I do. Not to mention everything I have done was by the book (Subaru service manual). you are acting like I am just slapping stuff on my car without any knowledge or care for what I am doing. you ask anyone that personally knows me.... I really do baby the car. I have fun rarely but yes every once and a while I find someone on the road that wants to have fun. Its a rare occurance, this LGT gets me to work and back each day and that is about it. I drive the Civic a lot too.

sorry it has gotten to this. I am just trying to defend the car at this point, because this guy is giving it a bad rep. Of course I am taking it somewhat personally because I put all the hard work and care into it. I will cool it off, but its just a shame what's going on here. Most people would say very nice things about this guy, and that he is a smart mechanic.... but what he is saying is going against everything I have heard and the service manual.

I was just talking with a friend and there is some fine print in the manual that states under harsh conditions you should change every 3k.

Doesn't change the fact that I always check my oil. I just wish you would have talked with me if you have a problem with my car Tom. I will probably call and talk with you or John this week.

i have no problem with anyone or any car. i am purly stating facts! plain and simple. i have plenty of personal expierence around these cars to have a very educated opinion. if i made statements that were not facts show me and i will apoligise. nothing anywhere has a thing to do with any dealership, i mentioned i work at one and thats it. if you call/visit the dealership one of the service advisors will be willing to make an appointment for you to get your car in.

yes, every car everywhere is driven in extreme conditions no matter what. there is no perfect world.

i have no problem with anyone or any car. i am purly stating facts! plain and simple. i have plenty of personal expierence around these cars to have a very educated opinion. if i made statements that were not facts show me and i will apoligise.

saying that I beat the car up on Reynolds Rd. is a personal blow and misleading

you want facts:

run #1: had a black WRX wagon do a dig. I bogged the launch so I stopped it there. No "race"

run #2: black thunderbird went flying by after almost slamming into my back end so I downshifted and matched speeds. I walked him to about 80mph I would guess and stopped it there.

there you have the 2 instances I can think of on Reynolds Rd. that is IT.

in the year I have owned the car, I have maybe launched it 5 times. Hence why I am not good at it :rolleyes:. I have never been to AutoX, and wife and I drive our hondas a lot too. The legacy goes to and from work each day and that is about it. traffic too. The fact is, what you say about me beating on the car is a blatant lie and you have no idea about how I drive it and where it has been.

if you dont want to buy my car because you think I have wronged it... that is fine and that is your opinion. Keep it to yourself. Don't come on here acting like you know me, its just rude. If you think there was something wrong when my car was in for service.... then (personally) let me know like you should.

Archived