LegacyGT.com

Stage I to Stage II... butt dyno

I live in a fairly remote area but found a reputable company close enough (3.5hr drive) that can put the UP and DP on my 05 LGT. I already have the Cobb AP so they are recommending a Cobb Dp and Invidia 02+ Up so I can use the Cobb AP Stage II tune.

Just curious if anyone can give me some idea of what this will do for the car or even a butt dyno on what going from Stage I to II would feel like?

I definitely feel a nice increase in the bottom end performance on Stage I.

I don't feel like I gained much on top end but on the low end, I can feel the difference. Thanks!

You can use any up/dp combo you want. Doesn't have to be Cobb.

I went with Invidia catless up/dp and have a custom tune using Cobb AP v2.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It'll be quick for a few day's then will feel slow like stock again, so you upgrade, then will feel slow again, so you upgrade even more and so on. Then your motor blow's

Better to leave as is then to start, Once you start it's hard to stop

You did gain on the top end, just compared to the higher middle peak power it doesn't feel like it.

Without a larger turbo it's hard to get the top end you're looking for. The middle power band will always feel better because of the small turbo.

I went stage1 hoping it would satisfy my need for a better experience. It was certainly worth the fun, but I stopped there as I felt much more work into the car was ill placed. With more power, you're going to drive faster and harder - ruining the stock brakes - which in my opinion are already poor performers. Needless to say it leads you down a path of expensive upgrades. Not forgetting the super soft suspension.

im stage 2 and stayin there..... im very happy with the low end i get and im catless, the turbo sounds great through the exhaust .. im on a cobb ap 1 .. :(

i did my shocks and struts also plus rotors, brakes,

getting opensourse shortly

^until something catastrophic happens and you say, why not upgrade. Just wait

I was going to stay stage 2 and leave it at that but then the damn Cel light came on every month(tgv stuck) and I decided why not just get rid of it and upgrade to stage 3 while we're at it

You will most definitely feel a good jump going from stage 1 to stage 2. I feel that the jump from stage 1 to 2 is more apparent than the jump from stock to stage 1.

People are right... the top end leaves much to be desired, but that's the sacrifice you make with a small turbo that can produce 18 PSI by 3K in 3rd gear. :)

im stage 2 and stayin there..... im very happy with the low end i get and im catless, the turbo sounds great through the exhaust .. im on a cobb ap 1 .. :(

i did my shocks and struts also plus rotors, brakes,

getting opensourse shortly

You're stage 2 meaning you have the catless UP and DP but on the Cobb AP you are using stage 1? If I understand you correctly, why wouldn't you switch to th cobb ap stage 2? smh, i have to be missing something... lol

You're stage 2 meaning you have the catless UP and DP but on the Cobb AP you are using stage 1? If I understand you correctly, why wouldn't you switch to th cobb ap stage 2? smh, i have to be missing something... lol

I think he's talking about the first generation of AP's, aka the brick.

Archived