LegacyGT.com

HELP unstalling a 05-07 NAV to prepare to sell.

a93x

So I'm taking out my nav to sell. I know a few things

-need to take out bezel with vents and nav. (Easy)

- need to take out undernseat DVD player with wire (is this wire easy to snake out and get out?)

- need to give buyer the GPS antenna? Which I believe is in gauge cluster or on Dash? Maybe close to windshield by front of dashboard?

-buyer (possibly) needs a 16 and 10 pin connector. ( can these be sourced or do I have to cut them from harness?)

Can anyone supply me with a detailed write up or walk through process to get this out. I know some people have got the 16 and 10 pin connectors online or sourced by other means. I just want a clear understanding of how to get everything ready before deals are finalized and money is processed.

Thanks.

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

1. Bezel is held in with 6 pins 3 top 3 bottom. Small Screwdriver or Butter knife will do the trick.

2. Wire can not be snaked out you must remove the center counsel to gain access since it runs along the trans/E-Brake paths.

3. GPS antenna is ontop of the Gauge Cluster per the Subaru breakdown and behind it. Only way to get access to it is to remove the cluster. Must take off Lower Dash to gain Access to the 2 screws on the bottom and then there is a 3rd screw on top in plain view.

4. From what I can tell the 05-06 Car have those connectors Wired into your dash harness(semi hard info from a member on here) So there is no way in getting those out without cutting from what I was told. Hence why the 07-09 Car had them wired into the P-204UH unit.

I have tried and looked around for info about getting it out of a car but to no Avail. Just people putting them into their car and the info is not Solid there are pages upon pages of info with bits of info.

Pieces to remove to get a wires

Lower Dash(knee)panel

Gauge Cluster

Radio(silver side plates as well)

Shifter surround

Center Counsel.

Drivers Seat 4 bolts to get at DVD drive.

Not sure how many bolts/screws to get the drive free from the seat.

Good Luck buddy.

Archived