LegacyGT.com

Help me pick some colors

• I Donated

While I have the EJ20R out for the rebuild, I'm going to be painting the engine bay and the engine.

Just looking for some ideas. Here is the car when it was assembled

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/95LegacySTI/216364_10150160299413326_605068325_6594960_1759877_n.jpg

and here is how it sits now while its being worked on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/95LegacySTI/noengine.jpg

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
if you're going to strip it, then the same color as the body. If not, then black.

I'll be using spray paint for it.....and before anyone says anything about using spray paint, I can rattle can like a pro and when its done you would never be able to tell the difference between my rattle can job and a body shop job.

I can't find a spray paint that matches my body. I was thinking a black engine bay with purple or blue heads / intake manifold.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

You can polish the for less than $30. Eastwoods and other companies sell polishing kit for cheap. It might take longer than paint but look alot cooler and less ricey (IMHO) I'm painting the wheels I have and polishing the lip. Well it's not much of a lip just the edge. I'm also preparing my old intake for a polish I let you know how long it takes and I'll post some pictures

• I Donated

I just looked up how to polish aluminum. Excellent idea, but I don't think its entirely possible on the heads. Valve covers are an option, but the heads are going to be nearly impossible. I'll post a picture tomorrow to show you why....I can't really explain it. I'm wanting something that shines really nice....and the stock look of EJs defiantly does not shine.

I agree, but also disagree with engine paint being ricey. When properly done, engine paint can look VERY good. Its just that most people who paint their engines do not know how to paint. My paint jobs wind up with a clean and even coat with quite a bit of shine to it.

Here is an engine I recently painted. The paint in these pictures is dry. No wax or polish on it. The coat looked a little bit better after some wet sanding and wax....However I don't have pics on this computer of it after finishing it. Camera kind of sucks so the color doesn't show up right in the pictures. Thats Chevy Engine Orange on a 1969 Corvette 350. Now this engine does shine up really nice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/sbcpaint.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/broknindarkagain/sbcpaint2.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Buy the engine.. send the harness off to get merged. when it gets back put the engine in. and drive?? . it can hook up to your stock trans. Then you can slowly get everything else you want on it. Thats what i'm gonna do. Its gonna be alot easier since i have a extra harness. Oh you would have to do something for radiator also. I think stock wrx radiator and fan will fit. with about 2 inch's of clearance But i'm not completely sure. Sorry i'm also planning a EG swap. I'm thinking the 3.0 but eh idk yet

Well here is my deal I'm doing all the work myself including the harness mess. I also want a better trans in it, I looked at a 2002 wrx trans yesterday. While I have the motor pulled I'm also dropping the trans and rear diff. I am also painting the car in this time I can't wait haha. I want it all done in two week tops.

I was just telling ya you can get the engine and do the harness work then drop the engine in till you can get whatever trans you want and then put it in. And only be carless as long as it takes you to put the engine in and wire harness merge. maybe 3 or 4 days of down time for the engine and harness merge. then what another 2 or 3 days when you get trans and rear diff? then if you want you can do all sorts of other things... thats the way i'm gonna go. :D pic up engine use my spare wireharness to merge the two. then drop it in with my stock trans and rear diff. then i'll pick up a 6 speed and the rear diff to go with it. drop that in. then I'm gonna pull the engine and rebuild it make it a beast. turbo or super charge it. and hopefully hit about 600whp. can be done with about 22psi through the 3.0 :D Sorry I've done soooo much research its not even funny. 3 weeks of reading about these engines almost none stop

Archived