LegacyGT.com

auto123.com reviews the 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B

January 28, 2008

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B Road Test

by Michel Deslauriers , Auto123.com

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/roadtest,view,SUBARU.spy?artid=92550

(Soopah: here is a Canadian review of the Spec.B by auto123.com)

The latest variation of the Subaru's Legacy has been a favourite within the walls of Auto123.com, a fact we have a hard time to hide. Turbo engine or not, every version of this mid-size sedan and wagon seems to offer a lot for the money.

hey a fellow 08 GT Wagoner what colour is yours? I was reading this yesterday. :icon_chee

Diamond Grey Metallic and 5 speed manual. Since these only came to Canada, not the US, I think we are a rare group indeed! What about yours? Where are you located?

BTW, did yours come with oval cross rails as standard? I do not see them in the standard photos, but when I picked up mine there they were. Never ordered them or paid for them. Mine was transferred from one dealer to another so I guess they are just bonus!

Regarding the 0-60 performance, I think the 6 speed is the problem as it requires 2 shifts to get to 3rd gear and 60 mph. Does the 5MT GT do it in less than 6 seconds? I thought I read some reviews where it did.

Oh, just had a look at your 'location' and 'car' as listed under your avatar. We have exactly the same car! Except mine is trucking around in 4 inches of slush at 2 deg. C and yours is trucking around in 1X inches of snow at -30 deg.C. :)

So do you have the cross rails? Any mods yet? My only mod right now is a car seat in the back. :)

It did come with the rails. I was wonding the same thing if they were standard or not. Only mod is HID's for now..... im thinking i should get a oil pan heater after the -45 in the wind today. lol

Do you mean the roof rails that run lengthwise, or roof rails plus cross rails that run across the car roof? Mine came with a screwdriver and keys to move/remove the oval cross rails.

Yeah, I'm happy to stay in Vancouver with our warmer weather. I like the rain, especially with all fours wheels giving 'er!

Regarding the 0-60 performance, I think the 6 speed is the problem as it requires 2 shifts to get to 3rd gear and 60 mph. Does the 5MT GT do it in less than 6 seconds? I thought I read some reviews where it did.

Yeah low to mid 5s, (realistically the spec should be in the same range if launched well/hard)

Ya mine came with the cross rails and the little bag with the screwdriver and keys. This weather makes me wana move but it will go away..... I hope.

It is strange that you don't see this mentioned as standard equipment and don't see them on wagons sitting on the lot. I thought the cross-rails would cost extra. Anyway, I don't need them now, but I also do not have any desire to remove them, so I guess for now they are staying up there.

A little snow now and then is nice! Where else you gonna move to in Canada to get less snow? Victoria? Other than that you are best off staying put.

Yeah low to mid 5s, (realistically the spec should be in the same range if launched well/hard)

Yeah, I now recall this article:

The Quickest Cars of 2007: $25,000 to $30,000. - Features

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/12245/2007-subaru-legacy-25gt.html

where the 07 Legacy GT sedan was fifth fastest.

0-to-60-mph time: 5.3 sec

Quarter-mile time: 14.1 sec @ 97 mph

Edit: checked subaru.ca and the wagon is 30 kilos heavier than the sedan, not much, so would expect close to the same performance.

wow you guys really get screwed when it comes to fun stuff that comes with the car.

we get a mcintosh 14 speaker stereo as standard and .... like 8 colours as well :p

vdc doesnt come with our spec b either which makes for back end fun sometimes ... if its wet ... and you get it right.

its odd to read some of the things i would expect the NA market to get you actually dont.

wow you guys really get screwed when it comes to fun stuff that comes with the car.

we get a mcintosh 14 speaker stereo as standard and .... like 8 colours as well :p

Al Gore recently discovered that the MacIntosh stereo systems were the leading cause of the diminishing number of Sea Monkeys off the coast of North America. Since then begining of the "Save the Sea Monkeys" campaign in 2005 those MacIntosh stereos were included as part of the Axis of Evil and and subsequently made illegal.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2706/seamonkeysdu4.jpg

Archived