LegacyGT.com

car won't start...

I also posted this in the Warranty/problems forum, but maybe I'll get a quicker response here...

06 LGT 5MT

I stick in my key, push in the clutch, turn key and all I get is this rapid succession of clicks...kind of like those automatic bb guns at carnivals...

bad starter?

yep, you may have just enough juice to run the accessories.

It's not completely dead, as you are running the solenoid...that's what is clicking.

Jump start it, and that'll show that you need a new battery.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Went out tonight to start my 2005 Legacy, dead, nothing, remote did not work, no lights, nothing. Battery is 18 months old. No warning at all, usually with dead battery, you have something, but this is completely dead, any suggestions.

Ride the bus?

If you don't want to get a new battery, the car isn't going to move on its own anytime soon...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Don't believe it's the battery, started it from a battery jump starter, something is draining the battery. After starting the car, you can hear an occasional noise in the dash, at first sounded like CD changer, was going. Don't know, it is going into the shop tomorrow.

Maybe left a map light on?

^ which I just did!!! :mad: :mad: completely emptied the battery. But jump-started and woop she goes :lol:

edit: wait, isn't there some kind of settings that you use in order for these lights to turn off after a set time to avoid emptying the battery?

^ which I just did!!! :mad: :mad: completely emptied the battery. But jump-started and woop she goes :lol:

edit: wait, isn't there some kind of settings that you use in order for these lights to turn off after a set time to avoid emptying the battery?

I know my legacy (2009), it will automatically turn off all the lights in the car when the engine is turned off. Not sure about the earlier years.

It was the one year old Subaru battery, replaced under the Subaru 30 month free replacement policy. The noise from the CD player, was, as the tech said, "cycling thru" normal when power restored. While getting battery replaced, I mentioned oil under the front, turned out to be steering rack and oil pump. Both are being replaced today.

Archived