LegacyGT.com

How do you turbo 2003 Legacy 2.5GT?

Does anyone know how I can start turboing my car?

My car is a 2003 Legacy 2.5GT. Other than the K&N filter, the car is stock.

What are the first steps to transforming it like an STI motor?

I want my car to be faster than a WRX because I know they're only pumping a 2.0 with turbo. The STI motor is 2.5 with turbo.

Can someone help me?

Check out the Nasioc forum for aftermarket forced induction:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50

I turbo'd a 2.5RS and it was faster than a WRX, but it's a ton of work...

I can sell you the turbo kit (Minnam turbo kit, with TEC-II for engine management) for cheap if you are interested (but please do a bunch of research first)

The easiest way is to drive it to your Subaru dealer, and trade it in for an '05 Legacy GT. Voila. It's difficult and spendy, as crash said. The extremely rare person has done it. There might be something archived in the Legacy forums over at NASIOC.

Kevin

The easiest way is to drive it to your Subaru dealer, and trade it in for an '05 Legacy GT. Voila. It's difficult and spendy, as crash said. The extremely rare person has done it. There might be something archived in the Legacy forums over at NASIOC.

Kevin

Yes, and if you went and bought a 2005 Legacy GT, your warrenty would be intact. You would have the STI short block and you will be making sure that Subaru will keep investing in good idieas like a Turbo Charged Legacy.

B4

• 2 weeks later...

DAmMMnn!!!

That's dirty!!!

Is the STI motor direct bolt-on or would it have to be put in custom on a '03 Legacy??

So if a STI WRX and an STI Legacy were to go at it, which would win?

Which car is heavier if there was no weight reduction on either???

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh but who looks better, the Legacy driver or the WRX driver!!! I'd rather be driving the legacy and come second than drive a WRX and win. Not that I hate WRX but there's that certain stigma attached to owning/driving one no?

:)

• 2 years later...

Archived