LegacyGT.com

I finally settled on a new head unit...

gfxdave99

No i didnt buy it from crutchfield, I'm not mental. I got it on ebay for 250 shipped with the ipod adapter thrown in.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9H5KUx4ebi6/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=113KDCX891

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2006/113/x113KDCX891-f_mt-1.jpeg

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891

Details:

General features:

» CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels) » plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC files (will not play Digital Rights-protected music files on disc) » motorized, fold-down detachable face with a 64-color fluorescent display » remote control

Audio features:

» 24-bit digital-to-analog converter » System Q EX Sound Control (6 EQ curves and a 3-band parametric equalizer) » "Supreme" audio processing for better sound from your compressed music files » speaker settings that allow you to tailor the sound to the size and type of speakers in your car » System E's+ high- and low-pass filters

Expandability:

» rear USB and auxiliary inputs » optional connecting cable gives you iPod control (uses both the USB and aux inputs) » compatible with Kenwood's Bluetooth® adapter » compatible with Kenwood's iPod control adapter (in case you want to use your USB or auxiliary input for something else) » satellite radio-ready (XM or SIRIUS tuner, service subscription, and antenna required) » HD Radio™ tuner ready » CD changer controls » three sets of 5-volt preamp outputs

Other features and specs:

» car performance computer » clock » CD frequency response: 10-20,000 Hz » CD signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB » FM sensitivity: 9.3 dBf » warranty: 2 years

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Thats a nice deck. Great you found it so cheap. I bought a top of the line Clarion last year for $550, and the depreciation on these is incredible. They are selling them less than a year later for $299. So its good to find the cheapest price. Only downside is buying it from a non authorized dealer automatically voids the factory warranty.

Thats a nice deck. Great you found it so cheap. I bought a top of the line Clarion last year for $550, and the depreciation on these is incredible. They are selling them less than a year later for $299. So its good to find the cheapest price. Only downside is buying it from a non authorized dealer automatically voids the factory warranty.

Yeah but they are offering a 3yr 3rd party for 29 + they offer the equiv of the factory warranty though them and they are and ebay power seller with 5000+ feedback and 99.9% positive so i dont feel that concerned.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived