LegacyGT.com

New TOB, squealing noise

Have an 09, I bought about 2 months ago. Previous owner had the transmission rebuilt along with a new TOB. I've recently noticed a very faint squeeling noise when the car is in gear and the clutch engaged. If I put slight pressure on the pedal, not enough to actually disengage, the noise immediately goes away.

I've read a lot and most of this seems to point towards the TOB, but it has about 5k on it. Can this be going out already?

I also read up on the spring addition to the clutch fork, might this take the noise away.

• 1 month later...
It's been crazy weather but I think it's most of the time. I think the posts by maxcapacity and others on greasing the shaft and the spring mods people have made may be the answer. Wish I would have seen that before the install ;-). I just want to make sure neither the pilot or TOB are going.

Had the same , seems like a sesign flaw... Tho could be improper installation, freak bad bearing that failed already, dude couldve beat the crap out of it, theres alot of poss. But either way it looks like u might have to take it apart and see what everything looks like/ how its functioning. Check both bearings and while ur there thow the tsk3 kit in , cant hurt? And yeah lube

Archived