LegacyGT.com

What the 0-60mph time for the 06' 2.5i?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 sec or 10sec it's still rather pathetic IMHO..

I know with a tune up, my deleted snorkus, and maybe a better air filter I could hit low 9's maybe, 8's with a full exhaust.. Again the 4EAT isn't doing me any favors, even if I manually shift it. (I don't have sport shift obviously)

You have to remember...

3200lbs car

168hp 165tq

very narrow power band

drivetrain loss from awd (and in the 2.5i open/open diffs)

Huge drivetrain loss from auto if you have it

Cant be getting much more than 100hp to the ground, the handling kind of makes up for it though (relative to my heavy-soft ass a4).

You have to remember...

3200lbs car

168hp 165tq

very narrow power band

drivetrain loss from awd (and in the 2.5i open/open diffs)

Huge drivetrain loss from auto if you have it

Cant be getting much more than 100hp to the ground, the handling kind of makes up for it though (relative to my heavy-soft ass a4).

IIRC drivetrain power loss for AWD is usually ~20%. So that's 140hp at the wheels for the '06, 134hp for previous years.

For comparison's sake, my '00 Grand Am officially does 0-60 in 7.7sec, 4spd auto (no manual available). It's a little smaller than a Legacy, but bigger than an Impreza in terms of size, weight is 3150lbs.

Hp is the same at 175, but I have 205 lb/ft of torque.

I've driven both my parent's Subarus, both have 4spd auto, and while they don't have the pull of my GA, they don't feel slow to me.

0-60 for my '95 Legacy is 10.9, now that's slow.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

actually I think the engine is OK, the pulling power is not bad especially betweem 3500 to 5000rpm, but the 4AT really slow down the car, the gear ratio sucks. I agree that manual shifting doesn't help much, the gear change action is just too slow, almost a full second time lag between stick action and actual gear change......may be the program is set to protect the gearbox/engine. I wish I can have a 5MT or 5AT, the 2.5 boxer can go really fast with better tranny, I am sure.

I agree york.

I wish, looking back that I had gotten a 5MT, but the wifey was a consideration, and while she wasn't wholly opposed to driving a stick,

she wasn't wholly in support of it either.

Ahh well.. :) I get a company car here in a bit, Youkai will get officially handed over to Wifey, and I'll start saving for either a LGT or an Impreza for "my" car.. which will undoubtedly have an 5mt in it. :)

CR quotes 11.5 - SUV territory. I had two 97's w/auto and neither would break 10 seconds despite car tests show as low as 9.5.

We have a Nissan Quest that can blow the doors off the 2.5 Subaru but it's not a fair comparison.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

CR quotes 11.5 - SUV territory. I had two 97's w/auto and neither would break 10 seconds despite car tests show as low as 9.5.

We have a Nissan Quest that can blow the doors off the 2.5 Subaru but it's not a fair comparison.

I would never trust performance numbers from CR. My '95 Legacy is listed at 10.9 sec, and that's with the 2.2L. There's no way any 2.5L Legacy should be doing 0-60 in over 11secs.

They probably tested with manual, not auto. So if you're just over 10 with an auto, 9.5 with a manual sounds about right.

wow 10 seconds? that is rather disappointing. my 96 2.2 will do like just over 7. thats by me counting, but im confident that its under 8. i just got new headers so its pry below 7 now. i will have to actully time it sometime and get back to you guys.

Unless you've put a turbo or some other major mods on there, I highly doubt you're much under 8, and nowhere close to 7.

This site lists 9.8 for a '96 Outback.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

My '00 Grand Am is about the same weight as an Impreza, ~3150lbs, has 175hp, 205 lb-ft of tourque, 4 spd auto. It feels alot faster than 7.7 it's listed at.

I know the 2.2L is built to last, but I'm not gonna chance blowing it up by driving it balls to the wall. Am saving up for a new Legacy to replace my GA, hopefully before it falls apart.

9.8 is probably in a stock, automatic legacy. i have replaced the exhaust and intake in my car, and its a stick shift, plus i guarentee i can drive stick faster than most of the people on this forum. as i said, i have not yet actually timed it, except in my head, but i am sure it is definatly not anywhere near 9.8. its raining right now or i'd go do it.

oh and btw, driving your car hard sometimes is good for it. if you dont ever get on it, it will get all carboned up, and if you have cats on it they will get plugged up, eventually making it run bad. that happened in my sisters forester, and the dealership she bought it from told her she didnt drive it hard enough.

9.8 is probably in a stock, automatic legacy. i have replaced the exhaust and intake in my car, and its a stick shift, plus i guarentee i can drive stick faster than most of the people on this forum. as i said, i have not yet actually timed it, except in my head, but i am sure it is definatly not anywhere near 9.8. its raining right now or i'd go do it.

OK, has it stopped raining yet?

Thread topic is now a moot point for me, I bought the 3.0. I figure I'll put a buzzy exhaust on 'er and I'll be able to do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds or so.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 2 weeks later...

I had a NA forester as a loaner and it was poo slow

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived