LegacyGT.com

Group A throttle body spacer!!

soo yesterday my Grimmspeed/Group A performance pack. it included the grimmspeed phenolic spacers and the Group A throttle body spacer. So i installed the spacer, which was cake. Even if your not mechanically inclined lol.. its still pretty easy. You definitely feel a difference with it, you can actually FEEL the car moving and not just revving! :lol: I also have an coated intake and GMS lightweight pulley, so the spacer def. makes the car feel more solid.

As far as the phenolic spacers, i havent installed them yet because there is a copper pipe from the intake manifold to the block, which helps with cooling.. but either you have to straighten it or do what im gonna do and cut it and extend it with a rubber hose.. since theres no fluid going through the pipe, that will be fine. I called Grimmspeed about it and they have never heard of it, so after i do the install ill be sending them the install pics and details. So we will see how those help out!

i thought it was all bs cause the spinning air is dissipated once it hits the intake manifold, but i like to hear peoples opinions on it, the more good things i hear about them the more I want one..

anyone else have good experience with a tb spacer?

heres the pic of the pipe that has to be extended. i also found today that on the 07 the two studs for intake manifold have to be taken out and replaced with longer bolts. i spoke to mike at grimmspeed (who is awesome to deal with, great dudes over there) he said they werent aware of each issue.. so im kinda the test car right now :lol: they also said since the hardware they sent will not work, they will refund my money to buy new ones! 2 thumbs up for grimmspeed. so.. phenolic spacers coming soon.. stay tuned

1337266953_legacy.thumb.jpg.f317737566c24af9469d53644cfb9c17.jpg

I've got the GroupA TBS - not sure I could feel a difference. I'd like to think there was one but pretty hard to say.

My hopes are that it improved a bit of the bottom end...

Do you have anything else done? I felt a difference in the amount of torque the car has now... especially above 3k in third on the highway.. which for me is perfect because I like having a fun car for the highway to and from work.. the next step now is exhaust.. I'm gonna go with uel..wrappped coated, dual bung 02, magnaflow res, thrush super turbo mufflers with quad tips! Should sound nice

Do you have anything else done? I felt a difference in the amount of torque the car has now... especially above 3k in third on the highway.. which for me is perfect because I like having a fun car for the highway to and from work.. the next step now is exhaust.. I'm gonna go with uel..wrappped coated, dual bung 02, magnaflow res, thrush super turbo mufflers with quad tips! Should sound nice

Yah, I'm running a Perrin air filter (stock airbox), borla replica headers and a custom axleback Magnaflow setup. Overall, better than stock for sure but I can't say I noticed much, if anything, from the TBS itself.

you know UEL will drop your HP, and why you in 3rd on the highway?? you must beat the crap out of that thing hahaha, the only time i go to third on the highway is if im really trying to push the car and im not in 3rd for long, im thinking the power increase you are feeling at that high of an rpm is from the pully, i can see that being more beneficial then the TBS, still thinking if its worth buying - i know i definitely want the lighter pully though.

I've got the GroupA TBS - not sure I could feel a difference. I'd like to think there was one but pretty hard to say.

My hopes are that it improved a bit of the bottom end...

+1. I'm hoping my Group A crank & alternator pulley will make a more significant difference...

quick question on the group a pullys, they say they are for the LGT, im assuming all of them (crank, alternator, and steering) will fit the 2.5i, same size - 05-09?

Other than the issue with the coarse vs fine splines (not a GT vs 2.5i issue), I believe the alternator and steering pulleys are the same size.

Other than the issue with the coarse vs fine splines (not a GT vs 2.5i issue), I believe the alternator and steering pulleys are the same size.

well they sell both coarse and fine.. are you saying 2.5i's are neither?

make sure when you install the pulley kit you make sure you have the proper tension on the belt, was stuck had to get a shop to put on the belt and now im left with paper weights cause it was too loose and wore the grooves down, meeting up with derek from group a to show him.

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

Oh reeeeeeaaaaaalllllllY. That sounds like a shipment of exhaust parts I received last Fri.

Thrush 44" glasspack

Two 2.25" I/O Thrush Super Turbo Mufflers

10' of 16ga 304 SUS Tubing 2.25" O.D

That's cuz I ran that shit from ya! :lol: I want a quiet at idle exhaust.. do you have any video clips?

you know UEL will drop your HP, and why you in 3rd on the highway?? you must beat the crap out of that thing hahaha, the only time i go to third on the highway is if im really trying to push the car and im not in 3rd for long, im thinking the power increase you are feeling at that high of an rpm is from the pully, i can see that being more beneficial then the TBS, still thinking if its worth buying - i know i definitely want the lighter pully though.

I should clear that up a little bit.. I dnt drive on the highway in third! I'm talking about coming onto a highway or dropping it from 5th to have some fun with another car.. lol I feel the most power from 3k to about 5k, I dnt go much over that... lighter pulley us def. A good mod.. but I would also do it along with a tbs.. just my op!

• 11 months later...

Archived