LegacyGT.com

Upgrading Suspension

andyarmada

So as I've began upgrading my Legacy, with sways, and strut bars, and an exhaust and what not; I realized I have done anything dampening wise with springs and struts, and only done lateral suspension ups.

So here's my question.

After looking at the new Rota Gravels they are the wheels I wanna get, they have that goofy offset and sizing, so I wanna know what will make these things fit, hopefully with fender rolling at most.

I'm looking at the Fred Beans Bilstein strut package, and then running STi Pinks on them; I've heard mixed reviews on both, but I drive to VT every weekend in the winter and I need springs that offer minimal drop but still improve ride quality and cornering abilities. As well, I have a Greddy Evo2 which has a Y-Pipe that is known to hang notoriously low, which is true, it's pretty damn low and I don't wanna risk dropping my car too much more when it comes time to drive through some blizzards and shitty weather.

Can anyone help me out?

Keep in mind Bilsteins will make the front a tad higher than the rears due to the Spec.B top hats you need to use. If you want to keep a balanced look you can try Koni (which is what I'll eventually get), they're received great reviews as well.

I'd recommend Rallitek springs based on their reviews. I remember SirSimon made a thread about the progress of his mods on his Spec.B, he switched from Pinks to Rallitek springs and loved them. Keep in mind Pinks are almost twice the price as Ralliteks too.

I'd also recommend Vogtland springs (made in Germany) since I'm using them myself :lol: Here's a pic to show you the stance of the Vogtland's:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/N_sane88/Project%20Layla/IMG_0032small2.jpg

Archived